Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Most of the coverage was from Brisbane with a switch to Currumbin towards then end before switching to Today at 5.30am (bith services had finished).

5 Likes

They are very nice / basic banners, would love to see them modified slightly for everyday use

3 Likes

Sydney Dawn Service

7 Likes

Great to see the autocue wheel on the desk…

5 Likes

…and for possibly the first time ever, the actual feeds of the coverage from Gallipoli and Villers Bretonneux (the later of which I think is a feed from the ABC, judging by the design of the name supers used) are in native HD!

1 Like

Queensland this morning:

2 Likes

Later

10 Likes

Nice use of lightning on the Sydney set!

1 Like

They used those special supers in tonight’s coverage of ANZAC Day.

Have Nine Sydney just inverted NBN footage to try and “hide” the NBN logo?

This was in relation to a report that Eddy Meyer voiced about a drunk boater near Forster on the Mid North Coast.

Another reason for Nine to get NBN to follow the network line re news branding.

5 Likes

Nine News Brisbane managed to finish by 7pm despite the late start caused by NRL Golden Point game tonight. Did the same thing happen in Sydney so no one missed any important Aldi stories on ACA?

2 Likes

Yes, Nine News Sydney finished on time today too.

1 Like

Perth

10 Likes

Tim & Emmy endcard:

4 Likes

Someone forgot to change the background for sport.

7 Likes

Nine Brisbane opener tonight featuring emergency landing of light plane plus short report on radio ratings.

Nine manged to find some footage to put “First on Nine” over - despite the landing been seen live on Seven. I assume the super means that segment of video was shown first on Nine rather than the story itself? :frowning:

1 Like

The hard cut from the opener to the tight shot of Andrew & Melissa is so rough, a wide studio angle coming into the start of the bulletin would be much better and they look like they need to both move an inch away from each other.

I know the opening voiceover has some legacy and significance behind it but it’s also quite a hard cut too where you feel like it should continue to announce both the presenters names rather than being cut off at “This is Nine News Queensland…” time to update it?

It also annoys me that the headline graphic doesn’t line up with the first on 9 strap at the top also.

3 Likes

They used the old ABC Radio Brisbane logo and this is outrageous.

2 Likes

Yes 9 generally say first on 9 to indicate exclusive footage.

It is stupid though I think to boast about it being exclusive when all it is is some crap footage taken from a phone. It isn’t like they had a camera on the ground filming the plane landing. They’re just ripped it off the web likely. Why would they even bother showing the bad phone footage when the helicopter vision was so much better?

1 Like

I think they use it to say that the vision was first seen on Nine though it is subsequently seen elsewhere but yes a rather pointless exercise for blurred vision.