Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I guess by that time all the new equipment will be ready, just not the set?

Approximately how long will it take for the new set to be ready?

Also, I presume they moved the current set elsewhere while they construct the new set in the news studio? How many studios do they have at Pirie Street?

One. With a TOS I think.

Will it affect the launch dates of the regional Queensland news?

I give it to Nine, they are quick to update their sets unlike Seven, so in this order it will be:

Perth - Sept 2016
Sydney - Jan 2017
Melbourne - Feb 2017
Adelaide - May 2017
Brisbane - July 2017

7 Likes

Curious to know what will happen in Darwin though

3 Likes

It’s unlikely there will be any changes anytime soon in Darwin. Maybe in a few years time but that’s my guess. If history is any guide that station can have a unchanged studio for years.

Nine should take one of two paths in Darwin:

1. Build a version of the national set but scaled down in size and complexity. Same set but more affordable.
  2. Use the old Perth/Adelaide set but change the maroon to blue with red and white accents (to match the national look). If this option is taken, use the second of the two sets for the Gold Coast.
1 Like

Yeah I suppose, they did get their current one in 2011 or 2012, which was 2-3 years after Sydney got theirs.

What do you mean build a scaled down version of national set? Are you talking about the set that is used for the Morning News etc? Or do you mean the set that is currently being rolled out nationally (so far in Perth, Sydney and Melbourne)

Hmm not too sure if they would worry about giving Darwin either Perth’s old set or Adelaide’s existing one because they are very similar to what Darwin has, and I think those sets work better for dual presenters.

As for the Gold Coast, I really don’t think their studio has the room for anything more elaborate than what they already have. Despite how garish it appears.

1 Like

A version of the new national set in Perth, Sydney and Melbourne, but smaller in scale and more compact. That way they have the same look but smaller and more affordable.

Surely there would be a way to downsize the Perth/Adelaide set. All they would need is the desk, wall behind the desk, and a wall on stage right (their current monitor can sit in front).

2 Likes

The point of the new set design is that it looks big a spacious. I think it would look silly and not work as well downsized.
Darwin viewers aren’t going to know any better so there’s no need to try to make a cheap rip off just for the sake of it being the same everywhere - and in the Gold Coast I think it’s pretty clear from their current set that they wanted something to differentiate the bulletin from Brisbane.

5 Likes

More graphics problems for Nine News with the 5pm news without the watermark or name/headline supers for the entire bulletin although weather graphics was fine.

3 Likes

The Brisbane schedule has been amended and Nine News Brisbane will now show the ANZAC dawn service from ANZA Square Brisbane and Currumbin 4:20 - 5:30 am.

Find the host

7 Likes

Brisbane promo for ANZAC Day coverage

3 Likes

Another blink and you’ll miss it moment:

9 Likes

Sydney’s ANZAC Day promo:

3 Likes

It seems QTQ that can’t make their mind up if they want to call the morning news bulletin - The Queensland Edition of Nine’s Morning News or the Morning Edition of Nine News Queensland… i know its not that big of a deal… just a bit confused why they keep switching between those names.

2 Likes

Anzac Day 2017

3 Likes

Brisbane ANZAC Square

Currumbin Elephant Rock

5 Likes