Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Nine News Perth has been changing a few things up lately.

The live shot is still there, just on the right videowall. The red from the desk is now white again.

First time I have seen a generic 9 News Sport backdrop.

12 Likes

Easily the best looking set they’ve rolled out so far, the angles are great.

9 Likes

And I believe the ABC will start using the Metraweather software from next week as well as part of their relaunch

6 Likes

Here we go! A minor blooper from this morning early news… luckily I watched this back or It would of been deleted!

6 Likes

Too big, loud and over the top.

1 Like

Has 9 news Brisbane just copied 7’s “thank you” promo?
Same “thank you QLD” and then display of their reporting team looks very similar…

At least Seven’s are genuine. Nine’s latest promos in QLD reminds me of a bad remake of Today Tonight, and I can’t think of anything more than a switch-off from Nine to Seven, and have done so.

1 Like

If it’s the promo I’m thinking of, Seven’s “Thank You Queensland” promo was rather tacky IMO. I haven’t seen Nine’s take on the concept but knowing what recent promos for Nine News Queensland have been like (with over the top graphics and very shouty-sounding voiceovers, etc.), I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if it’s worse.

1 Like

They should have really done something similar to this promo. Still on the tacky side, but at least it had more substance than what both networks are dishing up right now in terms of promos.

1 Like

Interesting graphics that I haven’t seen before…

8 Likes

Looks good overall, personally not a fan of the blue layer under the white & red strap, looks like it hasn’t been finished properly or is too small.

2 Likes

With a bit of tweaking, IMO that would make for some better Headline Graphics than the hybrid Nine News/Today/Seven News-thing they’re running with at the moment.

2 Likes

Big problems for the Adelaide News tonight, they had to air the Melbourne bulletin. I walked out of the room, came back, and had Lavinia instead of Jess, giving me the Melbourne weather!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if anyone’s interested at all, but Nine News Sydney has a special Radio Promo airing on temporary pop-up station 107.9 “Show Radio” (Side note: do other states ever have anything like this?) with Peter Overton voicing and the current Nine News theme as background music. Basically, in the promo Pete welcomes attendees of the Royal Easter Show to the event, hopes they have a fantastic day and reminds people to watch Nine News at 6pm incase they make it on TV.

I’m not sure if this is the case this year but in the past, Nine News Sydney have also been known to do a promo similar to that one on Show Radio in a visual form (circa 2009-11 is when I seem to remember this being the case) which is only shown on the big screen in the Main Arena/Spotless Stadium.

2 Likes

There have been similar popup radio stations localised to large events; I think there was one in Melbourne January 2016 but I don’t remember if it was at the Australian Open or (I think) the international cricket.

2 Likes

It was for the Australian Open, tho very low powered.

There is also another station for NYE here in Melbourne.

1 Like

A comparison of the different version of two promos seen tonight that were broadcast into their respective areas during the 6pm Nine News Queensland. The promo set comprises one for a 9 News story to be shown later in the bulletin and the second is for ACA. The first set as seen on 9 Brisbane and the second what was broadcast on the 9 Gold Coast relay station.

2 Likes

Last week this cap drew some comments about the number of words in the straps

Here’s some more - all from yesterday’s GC News :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Less really is more here.

3 Likes

I agree and the same can be said about Nine’s Opening Headline graphics as well.