Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Promo seen throughout today’s Brisbane coverage for 6pm bulletin

Zoomed view of glimpse (from above video) of what I assume is the weather graphics software used by Nine in Brisbane

2 Likes

Yep, Nine uses Metra’s Weatherscape XT as it’s engine for the weather graphics.

So to does Seven (I remember a similar error happening during the closer on Seven News Sydney in Early 2015), Ten, NBN, Prime7 and Sky News from memory.

Used on TVNZ too

http://metraweather.com/media/Weatherscape-XT

1 Like

On this kind of software - I’ve genuinely never understood why stations in Australia don’t make use of 3D Traffic broadcast technology like stations in the US and Canada.

Every year Australians are spending more and more time stuck in gridlock every morning. People dread their commutes. There is no difference between Sunrise and Today - investing in this technology would be a really point of difference and marketing opportunity.

If Seven or Nine bought this software - they could produce localized traffic reports to be played to for each market in Surnise every 30 minutes. “Sunrise Time Saver Traffic”

In can also incorporate public transit info such as which train lines have delays.

I’ve never understood why Sunrise & Today don’t invest in this

T3 Traffic Graphic Software

Because Australians Traffic Network pay the networks big money for their chopper crosses I believe.

4 Likes

Why would that influence adding 3D Traffic graphic maps. The two (graphics and chopper shots) work together. And the whole segment could still be sponsored.

“And now time for traffic”

“It’s all fucked as usual guys”

“Okay thanks for that”

10 Likes

haha well yea! But more like this

NBC Los Angeles Traffic

(Ps - how to I add a youtube link so the video actually is embedded in the post?)

[quote=“KICK-IT, post:3179, topic:67, full:true”](Ps - how to I add a youtube link so the video actually is embedded in the post?)[/quote]Simply copy and paste the URL into your post. Or alternatively, copy the “share” link in the drop-down options on the video.

Here you go.

1 Like

Thanks! I thought I did that. But thanks!

1 Like

We can move towards Corona

It’s only Monday but if you say so, Holly. Let’s get the slab out boys - the nice traffic lady said we could.

Also holy shit the channel that uploaded to this, makes me chuck up a bit

TVBabeCaps

1 Like

Watching the video, I have no idea what to do with that information. If I watch the traffic news on TV before I drive to work, it’ll be out of date in five minutes anyways.

Nine News Brisbane set wideshot:

8 Likes

Any news on when the new set will appear in Brisbane? My understanding is that it was getting built hence why they moved the old set into a different studio.

2 Likes

Really? haha. I guess you need to live in LA and know the roads and areas then it all makes sense. Basically she’s telling you the freeways that are jammed and have lane closures and alternate routes so you know to avoid them - which can literally save you 45 minutes Versus if you didn’t know.

2 Likes

Is the morning news coming from Melbourne this morning? Backdrop looks different.

The morning news comes out of the small regional studio in Sydney due to Today Extra using the national set, though given Brett is reading maybe it is coming out of Melbourne? He often comes up though.

1 Like

@primetime_tv the bulletin was from Sydney studios Brett was actually on Today Extra set this morning with David & Sonia reading news updates.

1 Like

How i usually tell if the News is being presented from studio 3 or not… there is usually a glare off the screen from regional set/ former Nine News Now set:

9 Likes