Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

How can you say that when the video clearly shows that it is a massive studio… Its the exact same set in the same config it was before ???

1 Like

Better than a temp green screen set! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[Includes video].

I don’t think that it was a tacky as everyone made out here. From that short video, it seems Pete said next Amber will have the weather and after an extended break, he returned and apologised (he seemed quite upset).

1 Like

Queensland received the national Afternoon News today live from 3pm-4pm which was followed by 9 LIVE at 4.

1 Like

Pete couldn’t have just read an abridged weather report?

3 Likes

True, but it seems that they tried to fix the technical issues up until it was too late to do so.

(Video courtesy of a former member)

1 Like

I saw this unusual closed caption just before weather on Nine News Sydney tonight… haven’t seen this before.

9 Likes

I Like one of the comments on that article

Did anyone notice that Peter’s tie is the same colour as Amber’s dress? I think we know what the ‘technical ‘ problems were.

4 Likes

Generic opener on the arvo news today:

8 Likes

Agreed.

Most weekends they don’t even bother having a weather presenter.

I don’t understand why morning and afternoon bulletins got rid of headlines? Any ideas why?

2 Likes

Perth has changed the backdrop again. Its worse.

2 Likes

Maybe because both bulletins directly follow shows where viewers may have already seen the days headlines (Today Extra and 9 News Now) so they feel the need to just get straight into the news for continuity purposes?
I don’t like it either. :expressionless: I prefer Sevens approach: 3 main headlines then into the bulletin.

6 Likes

Nine’s Morning News used to have headlines before they reverted to 11:30 (stupid IMO) The used to follow the morning News Hour Headlines at 11:30 again in the afternoon News at 4:30 & 5pm. They still have the afternoon news headlines at 4:30 now.

Examples:

1 Like

First day with no headline on the Morning News:

With headlines:

7 Likes

I’m glad Nine doesn’t use headline cards during daytime bulletins. It really suits the style of the Morning,Now & Afternoon bulletins.

Another endorsement for Mosart! It’s either a terrible terrible system or the person responsible for setting it up in Sydney is terrible at their job.

13 Likes

You’re right. They’ve got a pretty ugly ‘set’ so far.