Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

There was a technical issue in Sydney, so they couldn’t do the weather.

There was a longer than usual ad break, then Peter returned apologising and the bulletin finished.

3 Likes

Wow. Nine is definitely ‘First and Best’… in news fails.

8 Likes

OK, I’m saying it.

I would’ve coped with having the old graphics and set for another year if that meant Nine News Sydney not having these automation stuff-ups on a near-nightly basis!

1 Like

But some of the news fails Nine News Sydney had in the past years was pre-automation and with the old set as well. Maybe someone from ATN-7 somehow found their way to Willoughby and is behind all of this…Nah this isn’t possible.

4 Likes

Absolute disgrace if you ask me. Why would you even bother watching 9 Sydney.

1 Like

Brisbane is getting a new set soon (possibly tomorrow night?).

7 Likes

HD as well? So I take that they’ve temporarily moved to another studio?

I guess it’s official now then.

2 Likes

I don’t know about that soon. IIRC, Nine News Sydney was done from Studio 22 for about three weeks so I’d expect something similar in Brisbane.

As per Darren Curtis in the clip, the news studio will also be automated with the new set. Get ready for some major On-Air stuff-ups, Brisbane viewers! :wink:

8 Likes

I think that is going to take a while (maybe a month) before QLD gets the new set. Mike Dalton has said:[quote=“, topic:67”]
…There is a lot more work involved in setting that up… We’ve got to put in two new studio control rooms at Nine in Brisbane to operate out of [for the local news]…
[/quote]
And, let’s hope with the new automation coming to QLD, we don’t have the same troubles as Sydney because we all know what Alison and Darren are like during technical difficulties.

3 Likes

Yes, I was gobsmacked when Pete said there would be NO westher report tonight…

Not good enough, Nine, there should have been a Plan B for weather eg. Pete reading it from the autocue, to go to an extended ad break simply doesn’t cut it.

5 Likes

Yeah at least a month I’d predict, because they have to install automation and HD equipment unlike Sydney and Melbourne which both already had this.

2 Likes

It’s a thumbs up from Tim :wink:

(Photo: Flickr)

3 Likes

I find it surprising with all the issues 9 Sydney are having, Adelaide and Perth both have new studios, Adelaide with the old set and Perth with the new one, both automated and almost no issues. Maybe Brisbane get lucky like Perth and Adelaide and have almost no issues. The issues in Sydney are sounding like its getting ridiculous.

7 Likes

How can there be no weather? WTF? Can’t Amber just V/O the full screen weather graphics?

6 Likes

On the earlier quote about control room upgrades at Nine Brisbane, they’re getting two because of the Brisbane news going to automation and HD…right?

In any case, it should be a much needed picture quality upgrade for long suffering viewers of Nine in Queensland once the change takes place! :slight_smile:

I can only presume that the weather graphics machine crashed during the break and couldn’t be properly restarted in time…or something like that.

In any case, having no weather is a complete joke especially since Sydney doesn’t have the mid-evening Weather Updates on weekends like they do on weeknights (from memory).

2 Likes

Could they be getting 2 because of the regional bulletins?

2 Likes

As far as I’m aware, the Southern NSW/ACT bulletins are done from a different control room at TCN to Nine News Sydney so presumably something similar will happen at GTV and QTQ.

1 Like

Wow. Another fail for 9 News Sydney. I feel sorry for the people operating these dodgy computers. Seriously they need to return this garbage system.

6 Likes

I think it’s just a whole lot of hyperventilating by Sydney members here.

The average viewer would probably never really notice.

1 Like