Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Same for SCA and WIN in their respective SA markets

Whatever is coming from NWS is going on air which in this case is 9 Live Adelaide

Well informed post. I agree. They should pull a 10 and get rid of everything and just have a 5pm news. Ratings would skyrocket.

1 Like

Not going to happen. Unlike Ten, I’m pretty sure Nine wants to be known for being a news-intensive network.

3 Likes

It was sarcasm.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Seems like a story which would’ve been better suited to ACA than the drivel they usually serve viewers on that show, not a bad promo though.

1 Like

Why does Nine run both the desk graphic aswell as the lower third? Seems quite redundant seeing as you can only read the lower third

16 Likes

Hahah dear lord! It’s been how long and all of these muck-ups still keep happening. Do they need to clear the dinosaurs out?

That super is rather redundant as it is.

Nine and Seven: Just put the information about the breaking story on screen ASAP. You didn’t need to do this larger banner nonsense pre-2016.

If I remember correctly, automation was implemented at Nine News Sydney around this time last year.

3 Likes

Opener/sport/closer of tonight’s edition of Nine News Melbourne:

8 Likes

8 Likes

Terrible angle. Did no one in the control room think about how that shot would look with Cam sitting there?

1 Like

“This just in: most of Cam’s torso”.

9 Likes

Nine Morning News with Davina Smith started at 11am to cover Melbourne Plane Crash.

Edit- the bulletin ended at the usual time at 12pm.

2 Likes

A new promo for Nine News Sydney produced by Kim McDougall (thanks to her for uploading this clip to YouTube), focusing on the bulletin’s NRL coverage in the lead-up to the start of the 2017 season:

4 Likes

Livinia’s stool makes an appearance for the first time in the opener (and I think this is also the first time Hitch has looked at his scripts during the closer as he usually already faces the camera during the opener without shuffling his scripts like Alicia).

2 Likes

And as going to the final weather cross they got one of the crew. I think the closing shot is too far away also, makes Hitch and Livinia look tiny. A close up close sweep shot like they do when throwing to/from weather might look better (like below). Closing shot appears to be a few more meters back.

5 Likes

New angle for headlines.

10 Likes

Interesting that a report from Deception Bay was in HD.

We’ve had that angle before. Georgie tends to do headlines from the desk rather than the catwalk. Looks better imo.

2 Likes