Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Is studio 24 automated?

Handover update: today they did most of the chat room, went to a break mid segment, finished the chat room, then went straight to Live. No weather or mini ad like last week, much better.

1 Like

I believe so. I think only studio 22 is now the only studio not automated.

Melbourne using the left of set for special story introductions from reporters.

13 Likes

Nine unfortunately being at the right place at the right time having Gabrielle Boyle at Fairfield Local Court for a Live Cross then suddenly during the break a pedestrian gets hit by a car a few meters away.

7 Likes

Queensland received the new headline graphics tonight.

4 Likes

Stumbled upon this gem from the 70s featuring Sir Eric Pearce, The Late Brian Naylor and of course, our dear Peter Hitchener who is still going strong today.

9 Likes

Brisbane (yes from the HD channel)

That still leaves the Gold Coast

8 Likes

… And Darwin I assume

Does that mean Nine News Brisbane is now HD?

No - I mentioned the HD channel in case anyone was wondering why the images were so blurry - that’s what they look like in HD!

Video if there is any interest :sunglasses:

7 Likes

13 Likes

Nice to see they haven’t immediately forgotten about utilising the full potential of the set.

3 Likes

Tony Jones using the standing area!

2 Likes

8 Likes

WIN were instead reporting that the council can’t even.

3 Likes

There was (another) automation glitch at the start of the Sport news in Sydney, with Cameron Williams’s intro accompanied by a black screen (with the 9 News watermark and nothing else) for 5 seconds, then a split second zoomed out shot of Peter Overton before the correct angle of Cameron appeared.

1 Like

4 Likes

Not sure if this has been uploaded yet.

9 Likes

23 Likes