Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I think its a bit stupid that Perth get to watch Nine News Now before Adelaide and Brisbane which show it on delay. Why don’t they just show it live everywhere?

Not missing much apart from a few wardrobe malfunctions.

That’s what Perth needs.

News First at 12 (or 1 when not DST).

I completely agree.

It would be a news overload, but I always envisioned that if they showed Nine News Now live, it would be on at 2pm, the “national” afternoon news at 3pm and the QLD version of the afternoon news at 4pm.

3 Likes

As suggested, some caps of tonight’s Nine News Sydney. The first bulletin for Georgie Gardner (and Tim Gilbert too I think, obviously Belinda’s first from this set was last Friday) in the new set:

8 Likes

Congrats to @SydneyCityTV for beating me to cap! Here are some of my caps of GG’s first bulletin on the new set (apologies for the quality as my internet isn’t as good as it can be)

4 Likes

Warning to especially female newsreaders at Nine Sydney - don’t wear red!

8 Likes

Not sure what the issue is, it’s good that it is live. Especially it’s a chat panel newsy type show.
A movie airs between 2pm and 4pm - (occupying hte 3pm original slot for Nine News Now). Which then straights into the 4pm local news. It’s a good break between news to be honest.

1 Like

First at 5:

16 Likes

Seven’s 5pm news in comparison (BTW I absolutely hate Seven’s globe)

6 Likes

The only thing that lets that set down is the desk front. Should have fitted a custom made screen that extends to the edges of the space left for the screen, or made the desk shorter. The white (and red when breaking news) sections make it look unfinished.

2 Likes

Melbourne closer. Live shot appears blurry.

9 Likes

You would be forgiven if you thought Melbourne looked like Mt Everest tonight.

11 Likes

Still looks better than Perth’s painted backdrop.

7 Likes

Yes indeed !!
A live shot - No matter how miserable the whether - is ALWAYS preferable to any photo, video loop or painted backdrop IMO. I hate seeing a background of a fine sunny afternoon/evening when it’s dark or raining outside. I would rather see it ‘as it is’ on the day.

4 Likes

Melbourne looking positively HK-esque in that shot.

Enough with the live shots - unless its got some action in it (ie sunrise - martin place), give me a nice designed backdrop anyday!

1 Like

Funny how Nine Perth’s new backdrops shows it’s raining when it’s actually sunny at times.

2 Likes

It’s also funny that they show a night backdrop for the weather on Nine Live Perth

At the beginning of the Morning News there was an issue with the lower third graphics not working:

The Today Show graphics appeared for a moment:

8 Likes