Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

This is actually becoming beyond a joke, the amount of times I have seen bloopers on Nine News Sydney is utterly disgraceful. I can go onto YouTube and type in “Nine News Sydney bloopers” and get a large bank of videos. Nine staff should honestly learn how to use this technology or don’t use it at all, other broadcasts never have this much trouble. I don’t know about you all but I’m fed up, this is Sydney’s number 1 news!

11 Likes

Agreed. You don’t hear the other cities, whom I’m sure use the same technology have this much difficulty with it

Some of those bloopers/technical errors in that pic pre-date automation though.

In any case, if this sort of thing is so much of a major issue for the general public they’ll eventually vote with their remotes (if they haven’t already of course).

Does Melbourne use the same system?

Then this just shows that Nine News Sydney has serious problems that need to be resolved.

1 Like

Yes
Melbourne had problems again on the closer tonight. I’ve seen it at least 10 times.
Seems the Livinia throwback from weather to closing camera sweep is just all too hard. Livinia left blank on camera tonight and closing theme didn’t roll plus closing camera sweep just sat still.

5 Likes

Glad they’ve changed Overton’s standing position so he can block the godawful block 9 logo in the testcard :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha I wonder if it’s deliberate. Hide ole’ boxy :wink:

New Breaking News setup in Sydney tonight

11 Likes

Adelaide now has the new headline graphics

8 Likes

Oh there’s been some pretty disastrous bloopers in Melbourne as well…

Now HERE’S a job!!!

Nine News Sydney @9NewsSyd

CALL OUT: Can you read lips? We are looking for a professional lip reader. Please contact us via our inbox. #9News

2 Likes

Only paying lip service …

The handover from 9 NEWS NOW to 9 LIVE/AT 4/whatever it is called today is a bit sloppy. 9 NEWS NOW says that they now leave WA viewers, have a run of what stories will be on after the break, ad break, one story, weather and then ends.

Followed by another ad, and then 9 LIVE begins. Just an observation, but thought they would have ‘dropped’ other regions at the same time who are heading into 9 LIVE

That happened in Adelaide today. The first couple of days hey waited for Amber to say “and now it’s time for Nine’s afternoon news” and they cut straight to Nine Live. Much better.

Really not liking the fake skyline background on Nine News Perth. I really hope and hope it’s just a temporary one until they redo the template of the main screen, otherwise it’s a waste of a great set. Gone from the best to one of the worst.

2 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t be suprised if they kept it, it doesn’t take that long to get the template used in Sydney/Melbourne. Plus planning for these sets would of been done a while back and 9 would of developed various templates to see what works and doesn’t.

1 Like

Realistically, I think Nine News’ current sets & graphics would’ve been many months (possibly even a year or more) in the planning.

Over the coming weeks and months, I’d probably expect to see more tweaking and fine-tuning. The On-Air Presentation of Nine News we’ll see in mid-2017 will be very different to the On-Air Presentation of Nine News we saw in mid-2016.

5 Likes

On the note of tweaks, I noticed during Nine News Melbourne tonight that they have slightly altered the angles when using the screen for graphics. It’s zoomed out a bit more so you can just see above the screen, making it look less like a green screen.

6 Likes

The only reason they single out WA is because WA shows 9 News Now live at 12pm, and moves onto other programming at 1pm, while all other states continue with 9 News in one form or another.

4 Likes

Fair enough, their delivery of it was sloppy that’s all. Maybe a one off