Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Ah that makes sense.

Was just about to post about it.

Good to see this tabloid garbage getting the crucifixion it deserves.

Though has Media Watch grilled Nine News before when they were obsessed with Aldi?

2 Likes

Pretty sure they did.

I’ve quickly looked through the Media Watch archives on their website from 2017 (when Nine News Queensland really started pushing Aldi) to now and couldn’t find one story about it to post a link of here. That said, Media Watch has on many occasions over the years (quite rightly) pointed out the advertising dressed as news which influtrates commercial TV - Ten included @lexington!

To some extent, this is the way it’s always been on commercial TV across the board. But as viewers increasingly ignore ads during the breaks, I suspect we see more integrated sponsorship and advertising on commercial TV now than we did in the past.

They have done reports on Nine News with Officeworks and Nine in general with with Woolworths receiving ACA coverage.

Nine’s new Adelaide line up was off to a shaky start.

The 5-6 timelsot rated 40% lower than the previous Monday while Seven and 10 received higher ratings.

The 4-5 pm timeslot had 35% of the audience compared to the previous week. Seven Afternoon News in that slot was up 40% at 4pm and 52% at 4.30pm

9 Likes

A complete and utter disaster. As bad as Ten doing 6pm news.

5pm news is Ten’s domain. Just change it back today and no one will notice (except mediaspy)

9 Likes

American affiliates also get to keep all their advertising revenue from non-network content, so there’s that too.

1 Like

Isn’t Ten’s 6pm bulletin rating higher than their cycle of game shows was? Not to mention is cheaper to make.

9 Likes

I think Sifon’s referring to the 2011 experiment…

2 Likes

this decision will be reversed back in a few days.

1 Like

What are you talking about?? It’s grown the time slot

1 Like

Props to 9 Adelaide for trying something different but the swap doesn’t look like it’ll work. Wouldn’t surprise me if they swap it back next week.

8 Likes

Over 60 comments on 9 News Adl FB page about the swap. All negative

6 Likes

I’d make Hot Seat much quicker with questions and even have 2 people pitted against each other then you’d have a contender cos i find the chase boring and stick with 9.

1 Like

Adelaide 5pm news today

11 Likes

Those graphics are awful. I feel like I’m watching a kid’s bulletin.

Tone it down a bit and stop fulling the screen with junk.

Also, while I’m sounding like an old man on a crazy rant, social media IS NOT NEWS! If people want to know what’s trending on twitter, they will look at the “what’s trending” section in twitter. Stop filling news with crap!

8 Likes

Anyone notice the old 9 News graphic behind in the background Kate in the news preview?

1 Like

Yes it has been noted before. That’s a lightbox, so they’d have to replace the entire panel with an updated backdrop. Same case around the country.

4 Likes

Wow!

8 Likes