Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Possible error on the 5pm news with Melbourne backdrop and titlecard airing on the screens

5 Likes

Studio 23 did exist before the renovations (just not how it is now - it was fully enclosed). The 6pm news was done in there for years. Before that the news was done from an open set on the newsroom floor.

9 Likes

I think its on purpose for Australian Open finals.

2 Likes

Yeah, Brisbane is getting a local bulletin with Sam Heathwood. @TV.Cynic they’re using the newsroom backdrop.

Special 3pm Perth bulletin:

2 Likes

The sad thing is, I actually reckon there have been signs of something similar starting to happen at Nine News Sydney recently. Although the bulletin is still #1 in the ratings most of the time, the 100k+ ratings gaps of fairly recent years are no more.

The lack of focus on improving their weather coverage or providing much needed stability to the Friday/Saturday bulletins against Seven’s “potential future Overton challenger” presenter seem to be signs that TCN are starting to become complacent with their success.

1 Like

Nine Early News was farcical this morning - news feed was 48 hours old, Lizzie kept missing her cues, wrong camera angles and then the ad break before the weather cut out in the middle to start Today. So no weather at all.

3 Likes

TCN is using a new program this year, hence the number of errors. It was implemented over the weekend. Weekend Today saw similar technical errors too.

1 Like

4pm Brisbane

2 Likes

Nine News At 4PM Sydney is aired in Perth.

2 Likes

Why!!!

1 Like

I don’t know but even if Tracy Vo has returned from her holiday, it seems like that STW9 isn’t ready for Nine Live Perth.

Wouldn’t they take Melbourne news over Sydney anyway?

1 Like
1 Like

Gold Coast News Monday saw the return of the live cross to the Brisbane news room and with it (nearly) everyone was a bit more emotive.

Hot Tomato is current sponsor

5 Likes

…and the first bulletin to be aired on Nine HD Gold Coast in two weeks, right? :wink:

Either way, I just couldn’t resist doing a quick edit of the 3rd cap! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Apologies for the double post, but there was a bit of a typo (space when there didn’t need to be one) in a live cross graphic on Sydney’s news tonight:

Later in the bulletin: Chinese New Year, Same Old Dalts! :smiley:

5 Likes

The Early News had fly around weather forecast this morning:

5 Likes

I’m sorry

1 Like

oh gosh that logo reflection on the desk is really distracting

1 Like