Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

7s been running with “news that matters” for a while…

Beats me why TCN considers a Mornington Peninsula beach box sale suitable content for the Sydney bulletin. I know they’re iconic in Victoria but they’ve never really been a thing connected to Sydney’s superior beach culture.

3 Likes

I think it was the attraction of a cheap place by the beach, but a bit misleading and not very relevant to Sydney.

2 Likes

Presumably a decision made by the work experience kids currently having a go as bulletin producers over the Summer holidays? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think @Sully would completely disagree with you on that one! :laughing:

1 Like

Particularly when the Mornington Peninsula is concerned!

I don’t think any Melburnian would dare take on Sydney’s iconic beaches :wink: In all seriousness, we’ve got one - St Kilda and that’s essentially a swamp, also attracting nasty rallies and questionable people/activities!

Melbourne is the only city in Australia with a bay as opposed to an actual open ocean, so the less than ideal beaches come with that territory.

For what its worth though, bias probably LOL, but the beaches down on the M’ton Pen are quite lovely/clean/shallow/family friendly/picturesque. Same for the Surf Coast and Phillip Island (though the former is of course opean ocean and surf waves so less family friendly)

:beach_umbrella: :ocean:

3 Likes

Australian Open themed graphics

7 Likes

I can understand the reasoning behind the Australian Open tennis ball titlecard, but gosh it is so ugly, the tennis ball makes it look so tacky.

5 Likes

Planet tennis ball :tennis: :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Wow. And I thought Nine News couldn’t do a more tacky transition graphic than that Lord Of The Rings-esque “Bushfire Emergency” one! :confused:

3 Likes

Brisbane has Moreton Bay?

And before you say that Brisbane’s CBD is away from the bay or some other attempt to justify your wrong comment, Melbourne’s CBD isn’t near the ocean either. And beaches on Moreton Bay are bad too. And there are suburbs of Brisbane’s along Moreton Bay, not the same as St Kilda, but still developed.

Do you just automatically think Melbourne is the greatest city because it has a bay?

What?

Think he’s dunked on you there Sully.

Some snaps of tonight’s Melbourne bulletin.

Sport/Weather

Australian Open supers;

4 Likes

Good to see they’ve finally gotten rid of the Impact fonts. It looks much more professional.

4 Likes

I think they removed that font a few months after the relaunch.
And I agree, it looked disgusting.

1 Like

The 9News Brisbane 60 years promo I just saw was woeful. Music, logo, content, pace of the ad… all terrible. Not appealing at all.

1 Like

When does 9 news Melbourne at 4pm come back on?

I would say after the Aus Open.

1 Like

A couple of Gold Coast news updates from this week - still no consistency, perhaps the variation adds a bit of interest for the studio crew. I think these look better than some of their other variations.

6 Likes