Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I love that skyline backdrop!

2 Likes

When will they learn? People don’t give a toss if it’s “First On” a certain network. All that actually matters is when it’s Live or if it’s an Exclusive (a real exclusive not a fake exclusive using pooled footage :joy:).

2 Likes

Nine got her birth year wrong… Dame June Whitfield was actually born in 1925:man_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

Amanda clearly doesn’t understand it either, so no need to scratch your head too much in wonder.

Indeed. They are out of talent if this is the best they can put up.

Wendy bringing some much needed experience. Ebony fine on weather.

1 Like

Brisbane has resurrected the North South East West news promo. Couple of versions have aired - each has one story different.

4 Likes

I don’t think it helps that Nine News Queensland doesn’t do an Opening Set Wideshot to accompany the voiceover, like Sydney, Melbourne and possibly some of the other markets.

Realistically I’m not expecting the next major On-Air Presentation changes for Nine News Sydney to happen until the move to North Sydney. Even then, I wouldn’t be overly surprised if the current sets remain in use (with possibly minor tweaks along the way) for a decade or close to it.

Although I’d personally still like to hear an update to the Nine News theme music, especially since the current version has been used for nearly 11 years and is now being used in ways it was never originally intended to (with the sound effects and as a bed for Newsbreaks, etc.).

7s been running with “news that matters” for a while…

Beats me why TCN considers a Mornington Peninsula beach box sale suitable content for the Sydney bulletin. I know they’re iconic in Victoria but they’ve never really been a thing connected to Sydney’s superior beach culture.

3 Likes

I think it was the attraction of a cheap place by the beach, but a bit misleading and not very relevant to Sydney.

2 Likes

Presumably a decision made by the work experience kids currently having a go as bulletin producers over the Summer holidays? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think @Sully would completely disagree with you on that one! :laughing:

1 Like

Particularly when the Mornington Peninsula is concerned!

I don’t think any Melburnian would dare take on Sydney’s iconic beaches :wink: In all seriousness, we’ve got one - St Kilda and that’s essentially a swamp, also attracting nasty rallies and questionable people/activities!

Melbourne is the only city in Australia with a bay as opposed to an actual open ocean, so the less than ideal beaches come with that territory.

For what its worth though, bias probably LOL, but the beaches down on the M’ton Pen are quite lovely/clean/shallow/family friendly/picturesque. Same for the Surf Coast and Phillip Island (though the former is of course opean ocean and surf waves so less family friendly)

:beach_umbrella: :ocean:

3 Likes

Australian Open themed graphics

7 Likes

I can understand the reasoning behind the Australian Open tennis ball titlecard, but gosh it is so ugly, the tennis ball makes it look so tacky.

5 Likes

Planet tennis ball :tennis: :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Wow. And I thought Nine News couldn’t do a more tacky transition graphic than that Lord Of The Rings-esque “Bushfire Emergency” one! :confused:

3 Likes

Brisbane has Moreton Bay?

And before you say that Brisbane’s CBD is away from the bay or some other attempt to justify your wrong comment, Melbourne’s CBD isn’t near the ocean either. And beaches on Moreton Bay are bad too. And there are suburbs of Brisbane’s along Moreton Bay, not the same as St Kilda, but still developed.

Do you just automatically think Melbourne is the greatest city because it has a bay?

What?

Think he’s dunked on you there Sully.

Some snaps of tonight’s Melbourne bulletin.

Sport/Weather

Australian Open supers;

4 Likes