Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Indeed

Slammed on social media.

The journo not the management allowing this unfortunately.

Harry could be a good journo in time.

What baffles me is why any news director with supposed requisite experience to ensure their bulletin is #1 would hire so many inexperienced staff, staff that need more time in regional or other disciplines to hone their craft.

This began in the final years of Lee Anderson and has accelerated dramatically with Amanda Paterson.

3 Likes

because she has no other option… the turnover of staff is apparently very high.

4 Likes

That’s evident.

Not as evident in southern capitals.

Good leaders know how to stem turnover, why isn’t it happening in Brisbane?

as I understand it, it’s only in Brisbane.

And it’s because of the leader.

3 Likes

But surely they could limit the amount of unnecessary live crosses to prevent this, get them prerecorded if they’re a little green. Simple

1 Like

But you can’t have two live crosses in the whole bulletin from Ebony Cavallaro and Mia Glover. Plus, the packages from Brisbane’s reporters aren’t that greater either.

If you compare the reporters to this time last year, more than 60% are new to the newsroom. Ebony, Mia, Shannon Marshall McCorkmack, Rob Morrison and Tessa Hardy are the only ones still there.

Ah right, well there you go, learn something new everyday. Thanks, didn’t know.

Didn’t realise the situation up north was so dire. Guess that can help to explain the ratings drop recently.

4 Likes

Seven News Brisbane won this year because they didn’t rely on those sensational ‘First on the scene’, ‘First on Health news’ and consumer reports to attract viewers. It is a classier bulletin. The fact that they have better reporters (some are just as bad as Nine though) and producers who used to report for the bulletin is just a bonus.

2 Likes

Without going too far off topic, which reporters at Seven and Nine do you think is the best? And which ones are the worst? (Queensland only).

1 Like

Wasn’t there 5 years in between Lee Anderson and Amanda Paterson?

I was under the impression that QTQ’s news director prior to Amanda Patterson was Michael Dalton before he was appointed as Nine’s director for the regional bulletins.

1 Like

That’s my recollection.

Correct, I wrote that the move to younger, clearly less costly reporting talent began in Lee’s time (industry wide, not peculiar to QTQ) yet:

Read the contributions slower and understanding of them becomes clearer.

1 Like

I still don’t understand the label First on 9 News. This report tonight labelled breaking news and “these pictures just into the newsroom” had that label. Video all appeared to be from mobile phones.

Yet the same fire was shown approx one hour earlier on Ten News.

9 Likes

And yet another spelling mistake from Nine.
This spelling crisis is “englufing” them.

3 Likes

it’s that rush to be first.

4 Likes

It aired in QLD today (with Peter Overton). It is the type of promo @blackbox used to create for the news division in 2010/11.

4 Likes

Queensland version of the “Australia’s best news” promo

8 Likes

Brisbane tonight

6 Likes