Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I thought NBN was played out of Frenchs Forest now too?

I could be wrong… I am not 100% sure about NBN

1 Like

Geez! We could get 7 Sydney’s news accidently going on 9 Sydney’s at some points :joy:

1 Like

Imagine that, fault at TCN/GTV news so they show ATN/HSV news in their respective markets.

Wouldn’t be too bad though as I’m sure the other night many people in Melbourne who saw Peter Overton and the Harbour Bridge back drop may well have just switched to Seven News Melbourne with Peter Mitchell anyway and then not switched back. At least if they showed the Seven News on Nine viewers wouldn’t switch and when the fault was restored they would still be on Nine for the duration of the bulletin.

Can’t see it happening though, at least not on purpose…

2 Likes

Although I certainly wouldn’t rule it out as a possibility (remembering that the ABC was accidentally shown on WIN during the early days of MediaHub), surely the Seven Network channels would most likely be played out in a different area to the Nine Network channels?

They might be about to share playout facilities but I’m still reasonably confident that both Seven & Nine would try and do whatever possible to ensure they don’t accidentally broadcast content from their rival!

2 Likes

Any caps of this? It isn’t airing in QLD.

1 Like

WA had also aired the Remembrance Day coverage, presented by Jerrie Demasi.

1 Like

Back in about 2004, there was a glitch where a few seconds of audio from 7 News Sydney ended up on National Nine News Sydney.

3 Likes

Minor graphics and audio bloopers, perhaps.

1 Like

Does anyone have a recording of the technical issues from Melbourne earlier in the week?

Just out of interest, did the markets who took the Remembrance Day coverage show it live or on delay?

1 Like

WA did it live.

1 Like

Different perspective with Sophie and camera seen in monitor second from top.

4 Likes

Nine News Brisbane got off to a bad start as the lead story wouldn’t play; instead 30 seconds of silence and a static image then grey.

7 Likes

Gold Coast promo - “official ratings winner for 2018”; 22nd year in a row.

5 Likes

Neither of them is a great newsreader, are they?

Not a bad promo, except for the graphics. The banners across the screen are atrocious, but what else do you expect?

4 Likes

Can Nine reward the Gold Coast team with a new set then? Or at the very least a new desk?

Take it as a challenge, a new set design that can also be scaled back to fit into Sydney’s Studio 24 and Brisbane’s regional studio.

9 Likes

Anything is possible…

1 Like

A problem with QLD not adopting DST, Nine haven’t got a somewhat suitable bulletin to switch to (and I don’t know that the QLD regional one really counts, as we only recently had that discussion here on MS).

2 Likes

Another improvement in the 9Perth weather segment as this seems to be more enhanced.

4 Likes