Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

You wouldn’t know it from Bruce’s face.

Thank you!

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

It seems the early news might’ve removed the ‘9 News Alerts’ sidebar from the bulletin, it hasn’t been there since Wednesday this week

and a lighting blooper for a few seconds

5 Likes

Good. It was totally unnecessary.
Just have a ticker with the top stories.

6 Likes

Channel 9 has a repetition of broadcasting no local content on their 9News Bulletin here in Darwin, most people now flicking over to the ABC.

However, it was pretty interesting to see that ABC only shows 1-2 local stories every evening which is bad considering they are a local produced bulletin, and Channel 9 does about 12 local stories per night over the 1 hour bulletin.

It’s repetition for no local news might be a perception, but isn’t a reality.

3 Likes

I think there was supposed to be a report graphic behind Deb for this shot:

4 Likes

@SydneyCityTV A very sensationalist (or just utterly embarrassing) report from Brisbane’s news tonight:

1 Like

I really don’t know what to say about that report…

Was this during the headline recap?

Appalling. If this is the sort of garbage they serve up night after night they deserve to lose to Seven. I honestly think Darren Wick should step in and sack Amanda Patterson if the network wants any sense of credibility restored for the news service.

2 Likes

Just after it, the headline recap ran as normal but they usually have a story-specific background graphic on the giant curved screen afterwards.

And yes, Nine News Queensland would probably benefit from a news director.

While I’m not going to go quite as far as suggesting our market needs a news director change just yet, I’d personally like to see Simon Hobbs and co make some adjustments to Nine News Sydney. As I’ve mentioned numerous times recently, there are two elements of the bulletin that need focusing on in particular. But I’ll spare everyone another editorial about those because it would make me sound too much like a certain former member who left Media Spy pre-Discourse.

The Block and Doctor Doctor promo that I heard airing on 104.1 Territory Fm in Darwin and on 105.7 Triple M The Border!

Nine News Brisbane with a “first on scene” during their 6pm news with this vision of Sam standing across the road from a car that crashed into an electricity substation about an hour earlier.

Seems it doesn’t count if you show the “scene” from above with smoke still coming from the substation and emergency services in attendance :thinking:

8 Likes

it never has. Seven and Nine conveniently ignore their little brother.

2 Likes

Though in this case, it looks like TEN weren’t actually on the scene with a reporter, just with footage as part of a traffic report.

Seems like a pointless distinction for Nine to make especially when Nine’s whole report consisted of Sam across the road from the crash in the dark with no vision similar to what was shown an hour earlier. I was another example of a report where the live cross was pointless.

Ten were on (above) the scene with two live reports dedicated entirely to the accident and power problems that it caused - these were from the traffic helicopter but the only traffic reported on was the disruption to traffic lights that the power outages caused.

2 Likes

It was back this morning. I would say the removal was laziness/different news director.

1 Like

I don’t recall seeing this standing style of update before (seen at 5:27). (Note Nine News Now on the monitor)

Followed by usual Brisbane update

6 Likes

I wonder if Bruce is holding those pieces of paper just to hide his expanding waistline?

He would probably look better sitting down.

Jeez, they could’ve put a logo or something on the TV … :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes