Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Wow, highlights on news related to welfare payments and how to not pay your bills on time and get away with it?
They’re really going for a certain demographic in Brisbane…

3 Likes

What is worse is when they warn viewers, in a special report, the location of speed cameras, “so you don’t get busted…” ???

I didn’t know that Nine would feature NHK World content

Whatever is available in the sat feeds, be it Reuters or AP. That looks like an amalgamation from different sources, not just NHK.

1 Like

Problem with Nine’s news graphics in Queensland tonight including the Gold Coast news with a loss in resolution, seems to be getting worse across the hour.

Gold Coast

Brisbane

Regional Queensland OK though

Graphics for the “Royal Tour” segment on tonight’s Nine News Sydney, with Sophie Walsh (a sign she’ll be reporting on the tour?) explaining the locations Meghan & Harry will be attending during their overseas trip in October:

Possibly a bit of product placement with the CGI QANTAS plane?

I also think the TV would’ve looked a bit ancient even back in 1992 and 1994 (years the old Royal Tour footage is from), but anyway…

Nine News Qld graphics problems back again tonight

2 Likes

It looks like the problem is the whole broadcast, not just the graphics. The driver’s hand on the steering wheel shows this. Just less noticeable on video.

1 Like

You’re probably right. It’s more noticeable today.

Continued into Brisbane’s news

1 Like

“Now to the story behind me” Pete says after a VO only story fails to show the footage.

7 Likes

Since it’s probably not as noticeable on SD, I wonder if it’ll probably take a while for Nine News Queensland to fix their picture quality problems?

Anyway for what it’s worth, snapshots of the Breaking News Opener + more use of the left hand side plasma from Alice Monfries at the start of tonight’s Nine News Sydney:

2 Likes

Nice to see Alice Monfries on the up-and-up, she was a fantastic presenter and reporter in Adelaide. She’ll serve the network well.

I also didn’t realise until a quick Google search just now that she used to report for Ten News as well.

5 Likes

Bloody hell that Adelaide set is great, so much better than what they’ve got now.

3 Likes

Nine Queensland seem to have fixed their picture quality problems.

3 Likes

You wouldn’t know it from Bruce’s face.

Thank you!

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

It seems the early news might’ve removed the ‘9 News Alerts’ sidebar from the bulletin, it hasn’t been there since Wednesday this week

and a lighting blooper for a few seconds

5 Likes

Good. It was totally unnecessary.
Just have a ticker with the top stories.

6 Likes

Channel 9 has a repetition of broadcasting no local content on their 9News Bulletin here in Darwin, most people now flicking over to the ABC.

However, it was pretty interesting to see that ABC only shows 1-2 local stories every evening which is bad considering they are a local produced bulletin, and Channel 9 does about 12 local stories per night over the 1 hour bulletin.

It’s repetition for no local news might be a perception, but isn’t a reality.

3 Likes