Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Quite ridiculous promo running today from Nine in Queensland: “Court appearance for the Queensland TV star who attacks a complete stranger” complete with giant question mark:

7 Likes

It was.

2 Likes

Instead of the normal “9 News” title card, the Queensland bulletin opened with this tonight

5 Likes

Montage and caps of final bulletin:

11 Likes

Sounded like Jonathan got a bit emotional there… :frowning:

5 Likes

It is really hard to pack up and leave for QLD when you’ve broadcasted in NT from NT for so long, but hey I’m sure Sam and Jono would be a good team. The only real concern (for us here on MS) is how their set’s gonna function.

9 Likes

I’m more concerned about how they will manage the Darwin market. Will it be prerecorded or live somehow?

8 Likes

Dang forgot about that. I think it will most likely be pre-recorded since the time-difference is 1/2 hour, unless if Darwin is getting news at 5:30…we shall wait and see I guess.

I wonder if Nine will keep the liveshot for the Darwin bulletin as to not make it appear too radically different to what viewers are used to?

1 Like

It was good to see that Nine News Darwin acknowledged the changes that will be taking place on Monday, but as well as farewelling Henry & Kathryn I personally think they should’ve introduced Top End viewers to the new Sport & Weather presenters (obviously Paul Taylor and Nicole Rowles respectively) they’ll be seeing from next week.

Likewise, introducing Jonathan Uptin to Regional Queensland viewers but that’s for the other topic.

I personally hope they will, but realistically I would expect to see a similar backdrop to the other Regional Queensland bulletins as part of the “streamlining”.

Meanwhile here in Sydney, a special “NRL Finals Coverage” promo is currently airing:
https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/906049563114561536

4 Likes

I would love to see standing sport presentation similar to Gold Coast and Adelaide. Surely Mt Coot-tha have got the space to push the set out on the sides a bit. I wonder if they could put the weather plasma and vertical set plasma to good use in Brisbane for this.

2 Likes

Surprisingly, as we have seen, Nine made no secret of the fact that Darwin’s flagship news bulletin was moving out of Darwin (after 35 years) and being produced interstate. Jono’s farewells to the members of the team not making the move to Brisbane with him came across as genuine and quite moving.

It’s very hard to see how the quality of the news service for Darwin and NT viewers won’t be adversely affected by these changes, but all we can do is wait and see how it pans out.

5 Likes

I hope that they will acknowledge the new bulletin at the end of Sunday and Monday night.

Nine’s Gold Coast bulletin from Friday

3 Likes

Next week, Nine News Sydney will be doing one of it’s favourite annual viewer competitions again (which leads to the question, does Nine Sydney participate in any form of sponsorship or partnership with Taronga Zoo?):

The first night tonight of Nine Darwin receiving 9 News Brisbane, and it appears they’re receiving the bulletin live tonight from 5:30pm-6:30pm local time.

1 Like

So that’s probably what will happen on weekdays.

I would’ve thought that tonight’s 5.30pm-6.30pm airing of Nine News Queensland in Darwin was a one-off, to accommodate for live NRL Finals coverage.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the case.
I was more just commenting on the coincidence that the first bulletin from QLD will be live.

2 Likes

Lizzie Pearl in Miami showing a deserted beach. Let’s hope Nine lets her leave too.

4 Likes