Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Perth got their previous set around the same time as Adelaide IIRC

Actually I think it was rebuilt, because I remember their final bulletin from Tynte Street they had a preview/look back and their was scenes of the team making a promo in the new studio with the desk behind them. Unless they moved the set to Pirie Street to film the promo, and moved it back for the last bulletin in Tynte Street and moved it once more.

According to Nine Perth, they will be telecasting Live and Local news from 4PM on the 30 Jan. Most of the other states will have nationally news coming from Sydney Studios. The only thing that came into mind was the fact that Perth is 3 hours behind the eastern states (DS). When its Standard Time, Perth will be 2 hours behind.

IMO it’s rather obvious that Nine News Adelaide will most likely get their new set before Nine News Brisbane who really need upgrades to their equipment. Infact, I’m actually willing to predict that QTQ may not get their new set (and other essential upgrades) until the 2nd half of the year.

Darwin will probably get something like Sydney’s current set when TCN moves out of Willoughby in a few years time, just like how their last set upgrade was Nine News Melbourne’s set from the old Richmond studios.

Personally, I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if even NBN/Nine Northern NSW is above Nine Darwin on the list of stations to next get a new news set.

5 Likes

SBS has axed NITV League Nation Live that used one of the QTQ studios, so that’s probably free.

Given NBN is set to move sometime in the next couple of years, they probably won’t get a set upgrade until they move.

So Darwin may still get a new one before NBN.

1 Like

@awabakal said in the Newcastle Radio thread that Nine should have moved into their new Newcastle premesis by April.

It will be interesting to see if NBN gets its own set, the metro set or follows whatever happens with the Nine Regional/SCA bulletins.

1 Like

KO and NX will - NBN are looking at Honesysuckle and a few other places, hopefully have something concrete mid-year

April!
That soon…
Thanks.

In which case, that may be when they also decide to rebrand as 9 News.

1 Like

I think there was a long wait for them to get even the existing set.

1 Like

I think Nine News Darwin got their current set sometime in Late 2011? As it’s been mentioned before, it was used on Nine News Melbourne at the old Richmond studios.

1 Like

Alice Monfries promo version of the new Afternoon News coming to 4pm for Adelaide:

5 Likes

Don’t forget Nine would also need to update the Darwin set to maintain a true “national look”.

What about the Gold Coast? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That 9News Promo for Melbourne is bloody brilliant. The endbord is so classy and yet so fresh. Pete looks great too! Can’t wait to see this set in action on Monday, he looks right at home on it and it’ll be great to see the presentation elements used.

4 Likes

Yes. Darwin is still using the old style set too. Then all Nine-owned capital cities would be consistent.

I can’t see Nine redoing the Gold Coast set any time soon after they spent so much money on their current set only six months ago, what a joke! :joy: The studio is also not very big, so a new set would have to be very compact.

But what I reckon would be good is if they shipped the current Adelaide set to the Gold Coast and gave it a few modifications to downsize it and replace the maroon with blue. A cost-effective cheat to give the Gold Coast a quality set on a budget. Yes it wouldn’t match the national look, but the new regional SCA bulletins don’t either.

3 Likes

Realistically, I wouldn’t be surprised if only the five main capital cities upgrade to the newer (and very large looking) sets for now at least.

In Queensland? Yeah, I’m sure that will go down well! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Nine News Sydney having more meltdowns tonight - no headline graphics on the opener, no supers for the first 7 minutes, Pete looking at the wrong camera going to sport, wrong OTS graphics on the first part of sport…

Getting ridiculous.

11 Likes

Humans are better than computers.

11 Likes

Yes but humans are more expensive and Nine know what’s best. :wink:

1 Like

True, but unfortunately humans cost more than computers (in the long term).

Though humans make mistakes too ( # # # I’m only human after all, don’t put your blame on me # # # )

1 Like