Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

can one of our intrepid Queenslanders get a cap of the background in the QTQ newsroom please? I’m sure that Australia map behind the reporters on the wall is the same as the NBN News set. Thanks.

I’ll try and get a cap of that the next time there’s a cross to the QTQ newsroom on a national program.

I certainly know what you mean, but I thought that “blue Australia map” design thing was in Nine’s newsroom before NBN saw the design and liked it so much that it was included with the most recent refresh of the NBN News set myself.

Rarely seen - is this it?

I’m sure they all do it now, but the idea of “Luke’s Weather” makes me laugh. Is Luke going to give us a 7 day forecast for the weather he’ll personally be experiencing?

“On Tuesday, I’ll be in the office during the day and it’ll be a pleasant 22C thanks to the air conditioning system. It will be warmer as I step into the car park, but when I’m in my BMW the thermostat will be set to 19C.”

5 Likes

This one over Bestie’s right shoulder. Same as NBN’s set.

1 Like

I C :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Yep definitely the same as NBN’s

They updated that a couple of months ago. It use to be

Nine News Sydney (along with at least two other Sydney media outlets that I’m aware of) are already running one of their favourite annual competitions…

I remember when they first came out with that sort of promotion (think it was 2009) I originally thought they were just doing it as a ratings grab lol. But now they’ve done it for the last several years, I don’t think they are doing it for a ratings grab anymore

1 Like

Rarely seen on this forum, here’s a montage of 9 News Darwin from last night. Coincidentally it was weather presenter Elly Cormack’s final bulletin in Darwin, she is heading to 9 News Perth.

This bulletin is aired on Imparja GEM’s HD channel, the picture quality looks better than QTQ’s.

2 Likes

Surprised none of you eagle eyes noticed the major (!!) change this week to Nine’s set in Sydney!

Spot the difference:

1 Like

Rarely seen on this forum, here’s a montage of 9 News Darwin from last night. Coincidentally it was weather presenter Elly Cormack’s final bulletin in Darwin, she is heading to 9 News Perth.

This bulletin is aired on Imparja GEM’s HD channel, the picture quality looks better than QTQ’s.

Can we expect NBN News to look like 9 News Darwin in the year ahead? Same opener and set with a changeable live shot / background?

I haven’t seen this posted here yet, apols if it has!

1 Like

The extra glass on the desk?
Wonder what the reasoning behind that was…

someone broke the glass desk covering thing on the top - oops!

Looks better without it IMO.

2 Likes

It’s interesting how Nine seem to be making these minor tweaks to the Sydney news set (removal of the video monitors behind the sports backdrop and now the removal of that glass tabletop-thingy in the middle of the desk), which I do think are making things look cleaner.

One would imagine that the current Sydney news set will be kept mostly intact until they move out of Willoughby in a few years time, although of course I could be wrong…

1 Like

I thought that they changed the camera on the liveshot lmao

3 Likes

Haha me too, then realised it must’ve been an earlier cap in the bulletin or a nicer day. I stared at the two pictures for ages and didn’t pick it up - now it’s glaringly obvious. Looks much better now!

1 Like