Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

That sucks, I was there yesterday and the curtains were open. Sometimes it could be a news update, or something else. Actually looks like they were doing a behind the scenes thing for their FB page.

Finally saw the full screen graphics for the first time in Sport. Very white.

I am going to assume that will only be Nine News Sydney on that Sunday with the national graphics relaunch on Monday October 10 with the Early News. Whether or not Nine News Melbourne will receive a new set on Monday October 10, I am not sure. However, with what @Read_It_First said the other day, Nine News Queensland will be the last (excluding Nine Darwin, I would assume) to receive the new look so I am expecting November at the very earliest, more likely next year because they have to upgrade to HD too. @Read_It_First, will the sets be similar/replica of Nine News Perth’s here on the East coast?

Nine - It’s about time.

4 Likes

Speaking of the national news bulletins…obviously there won’t be any major updates to the set, but I wonder if we just might see the globe panels in the news exchange updated to match the new look? In hindsight, it was probably a waste of time to update the panels to match the current graphics back in January when a refresh wasn’t that far off the horizon.

One would imagine that Nine Gold Coast News (if they even get the new look, that dubious quality “corner logo” first used this week is a possible sign that this local bulletin might go their own way with On-Air Presentation), NBN News and the future SCA Nine regional bulletins would be even further down the list of markets to receive the new look, but yeah I agree that Nine News Queensland will be the last of the major capital cities.

Although it goes without saying, I really hope that Brisbane gets a HD upgrade with this new look. It would be quite a disappointment if Nine Brisbane went all out with a new set & graphics but were still producing bulletins in very substandard SD picture quality!

2 Likes

@Read_It_First has told me that the new set, graphics and upgrading to HD for Nine News Queensland will be rolled out on the same night.

2 Likes

Will NBN get a new set and upgrade to HD?

NBN and QTQ are managed and run by the same executive. She splits her time between Newcastle & Brisbane

Here’s the full screen graphic in Perth sport:

3 Likes

Whilst the general presentation elements of that sport graphic looks great, in particular the backdrop however those text straps are really hard to read and should really be in contrasting colours to stand out… Also strange that they’re inverted like that, maybe the cap is mid animation. Poor execution unfortunately.

1 Like

I also don’t really like how those text straps are on an angle with a gradient look while the “AFL Preliminary Final” bit is completely flat looking.

Hopefully such “quirks” in the graphics are removed/changed before the rest of the country gets the new look Nine News.

1 Like

A reminder that Nine News in QLD is only for 30 minutes tonight due to the Riverfire. With Alison Ariotti reporting for the Riverfire, Darren Curtis presented solo in Queensland tonight.

1 Like

I was really happy with the Riverfire coverage tonight… apart from when that idiot F**ked it up. Presenters where great!

1 Like

Here is a BTS look at the final ever bulletin presented from Dianella for Nine News Perth. Note a green screen was placed in between the usual set:

8 Likes

Channel 9 are auctioning off most of the equipment from Dianella

1 Like

I’m sure the collectors will love the stuff with the old Nine stickers on them.

2 Likes

Collectors want that 2006-07 trolley lol

Some of those road cases have stickers from the 80s on them!

1 Like

Nine News Sydney’s viewer competition for next week, another one they’ve done in the past as well:

Nothing that interesting/unusual graphics wise of course, but it should be interesting to see whether or not Nine News brings in refreshed promo graphics when the new look makes it to Sydney. Especially since the current style of promo graphics (endtags, text effects, etc.) has been unchanged for about a year now when Nine News has been known to refresh promo graphics considerably more frequently in the past.

1 Like

New graphics have just appeared on a national Nine News Update on SC9 QLD.

They looked great up on the TV!

6 Likes

Saw these too last night in Adelaide

Looks great on HD but so do the current news graphics.

1 Like

All that money on new studios and set but still no individual voice overs for solo presentation. The way they just stopped the recording as Emmy was about to be introduced was terrible.

1 Like