Nine News Content and Appearance

James Bracey presenting Sydney sport tonight from the swimming trials.

He looks pretty close to the edge of the pool, hope he doesn’t stumble backwards!

6 Likes

And Brisbane as well - with Olympic graphics.

6 Likes

He had Ian Thorpe on but audio was very bad. It seems to have been improved once the swimming coverage started.

1 Like

Roz Kelly seems to be up there also. I’m looking forward to 9’s coverage of the Olympics this year good line up of presenters.

6 Likes

She is indeed up there, she was part of the Sydney news live cross (she was up in the stands with James down at the desk).

3 Likes

The Thorpe cross into Melbourne was terrible.

Glad Nine were able to get Rooney back, used to feature prominently on the network since the mid-2000s, but then had an extended time at Seven (2012 - 2019?) I believe starting with replacing David Brown on HSV-7 news weather before Seven Sport roles, but recall she was mysteriously absent from the Tokyo Olympics and Birmingham Comm Games, where she also started popping up on Nine’s Sports Sunday.

Seven originally had her in their media releases and then she was a no show. Also absent were Neil Kearney, Rachael Finch and Kylie Gillies to name a few. And obviously Todd Woodbridge and Jim Wilson had gone to Nine by this stage. And Michael Felgate had gone to 10’s Melbourne Cup and roving reporter/producer Emma Vosti (neè Davenport) reduced her role to more producing and Paralympics.

I remember, I think it was OnAir, suggesting at the time some talent had possibly considered being away from their families for weeks, especially COVID times, had changed their view somewhat and sent their apologies.

3 Likes

Good memory.

1 Like

Apparently by the time they got to the games they had to revise the staffing for the fourth time, and many people who were from Sydney had to be dropped due to the COVID situation there.

3 Likes

I’ve been on holidays in Queensland this week and I must say, Nine News seem to run rings around 7 News up here. Every night they seem to be breaking exclusives.

2 Likes

Their mention in Parliament today certainly did “make” the bulletin tonight: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Perhaps that was the bargain- the exclusive drop instead of the interview?

And now Tim Arvier has been given access to the LNP’s budget reply due tomorrow.

Another leak and exclusive to Nine News Queensland.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Nine News with another win in the 5-city market on Wednesday.

7 Likes

Multiple mentions in Parliament today provided them with a delightful montage that they could put towards tonight’s politics report. A quarter of this report was dedicated to talking about the leaking of the budget reply announcements to 9 News. Four days in a row now that leaks to 9 News did “make” the bulletin, can they milk it to five?

Not sure taking the angle that leaking is bad/unstable helps you get more ‘leaks’ in the future either?

1 Like

And another win on Thursday. (Tipping Point was almost 100k ahead of The Chase).

7 Likes

Maroon microphone out for SOO reporting