Nine News Content and Appearance

The lights went out in the studio

6 Likes

Did Andrew put 25 cents in the metre?

(Hope people get the reference)

6 Likes

Interesting that they built the exact same desk and riser as the metro sets but the thicker lighting edge was changed.

4 Likes

Great notice. I think I’d prefer the Canberra Set

1 Like

Rumour has it Nine were inspired by Sky’s recent Canberra studio reno.

3 Likes

Nine were inspired by Sky to create a set identical to their own capital city sets?

Makes sense.

2 Likes

Recent? Sky opened their current studio back in 2018.

Personally I would have preferred to see something a bit more unique and distinctive in Canberra rather than just another copy of the metro set. Crossing between two identical looking studios feels pointless to me.

5 Likes

Yeah would have been good for like a Meet The Press (US) kind of style of uniqueness

1 Like

Yep, or have Pete in Canberra. Two studios is odd.

The riser is higher

1 Like

Worth noting another 5-city win for Nine News on Tuesday.

Also seen today

2 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3 Likes

God these supers look shit. Previous ones were heaps better

1 Like

I mean to put a broadcast-ready set at PH. Was previously just a stand up screen for the journo.

I meant last reno. My bad.

1 Like

I can’t remember if it’s been mentioned by QTQ9 has the new desk, only leaving Adelaide and Perth with the old desks.

10 Likes

They’ve had the desk since the beginning of April

4 Likes

Hopefully Perth gets the new desk soon. Weird they’ve left it so long given Perth presents the late news most nights.

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll use it for a local Canberra newscast like with CTC back in the late 80s?

Nine had its second consecutive win and was the number one show in the 5-city market.

2 Likes

I noticed Nine Melbourne are now using similar microphones to Seven’s.

Is this new?

About 10 days.

2 Likes