Nine News Content and Appearance

Oops! Chris Kohler’s finance report cut off mid way and straight to an ad-break in Sydney. Must be short on time?

1 Like

Yeah they don’t want to be on delay or late on time for the AO.

1 Like

Yeah but that’s a weird way to save time tho… just cut off without saying anything, they could have cut weather by like 10-15 seconds and nobody will notice

2 Likes

I think the Sydney news had a new breaking news graphic tonight. Don’t have video sorry but it was after one of the ad breaks.

11 Likes

7 news with Peter Overton :rofl:

23 Likes

That actually looks quite nice

1 Like

Does look very similar to the competition though.

1 Like

Probably the point. Just like how 7 copied the river live shot after 9 got it. They do this all the time

That could be a leak for new graphics or just a refresh for the current package

That looks really good. A nice change from the red overload. I feel like this is part of a refresh which has leaked out.

Seems that there has been a few new angles and wide shots in tonight’s bulletin which I don’t recall seeing before.

For a story:

Coming back from break at 30 minute mark:

7 Likes

Since when did 9 Perth use the massive video wall for weather like other states and not the plasma video wall?

It has to be a refresh like only a little bit of tweaking here and there

If they do have a refresh, they better stick with blue and white and drop off the red. Only use red for Breaking News

1 Like

It’s a bit like with Holden and Ford.

Red was always a Holden colour, Blue was Ford.

And so with TV, Red is Seven, Blue is Nine.

For only the last 20 years though. Nine had been gold or yellow for at least 20 years before that.

375px-Nine_1981

4 Likes

Looks like Melbourne has ditched standing presentation for the first story. Pete sitting at the desk again tonight.

Melbourne also just used the new breaking news graphic on the desk.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Good. I’ve never understood the point of it.

2 Likes

So it’s seems legit now. The new breaking news graphics. Quite like it tho

1 Like