Nine News Content and Appearance

Andrew on location at Laidley tonight - that compared to MAx on Seven at Kangaroo Point

6 Likes

All that red is ugly!

2 Likes

Wish it had happened while they were on air…

8 Likes

Didn’t know there was a twitter page for the cam! Also really wanna see it on the 6pm news! Time to get rid of the old one, Seven can’t copy it :joy:

4 Likes

#firetheSkyCam

https://twitter.com/NineRoofCam/status/1526464241171329024?s=20&t=NzrznsfyYrihvP3-Er_XkA

6 Likes

Nine need to freshen the Melbourne bulletin up a bit. I don’t think content is a problem - I’ve always quite enjoyed the bulletin, but I think they need to become less static in their presentation.

They used a few nice angles for different blocks in the bulletin back in 2017-18 but slowly reverted for some reason. Should also use the network-standard white as well; the blue set colouring makes it feel a lot more gloomy.

I’m nitpicking at this point but even a bigger live shot which expands across the videowall would be nice. It’s currently 4:3 for some reason

4 Likes

9News Brisbane promoting “a new embarrassing blunder” by Albo as he announces his costings. Oh I wonder what it is??

1 Like

The ‘average’ viewer doesn’t decide to tune away from or switch to a news service based on presentation…

One observation - I watch the first segment of both Nine’s & Seven’s Melbourne bulletins most nights and the thing I’ve noticed recently is Nine usually take their first ad-break at around 6:15pm whereas Seven’s first segment usually runs around 6:20pm. If I was Nine, I would try and avoid giving viewers such an opportunity to tune into/sample Seven’s bulletin as a result of having a short first segment.

8 Likes

“News” you must just have from Nine Brisbane :wink:

6 Likes

This Election Special of 9News is looking quite classy out of Melbourne. Nice smooth shots coming out of breaks, little extra touches like name supers for Weather presenter. Polished well for the national audience it seems.

9 Likes

Graphics Glitch:

11 Likes

Gotta say, 9’s static afternoon backdrop from QTQ is really quite jarring. Today is probably the first day in about a month that it’s actually somewhat similar to what the reality is, and even then, it looks like lunch time while the sun is setting outside.
Personally, I think they need to use a live shot (or at least a loop) that reflects the actual weather. I really wish they’d do something similar to TCN and have a different live shot to change it up a bit.

Keep the current live shot for 6pm, but surely they can do better than an outdated static image with the wrong weather.

5 Likes

Whats their view like from their office? Is QTQ office in the city? Maybe they can setup their own camera if the view is decent enough

QTQ is on Mt Coot-tha. But that wouldn’t stop them having a second skycam somewhere else. I’ve always thought that one in Milton looking down the river would look really good in the afternoon. And it’s less formal than the full city shot they use at 6.

8 Likes

Nine QLD: Distracting background during weather cross with a fluorescing top.

Gold Coast News had a cross to Suncorp stadium during sport. Bronte Gildea is the presenter.

7 Likes

Nine News QLD major technical problems this afternoon - just gone to an ad break.

Update: back from break - playing stories again.

12 Likes

Blooper during Perth weather yesterday.

7 Likes

On tonight’s Sydney bulletin:

Damien Ryan did his entire report at the desk looking at the wrong camera.

A report that was so exclusive they tagged it twice.

9 Likes

How many obscure fonts can you fit in one promo?

4 Likes

Looks like content changes have begun in Melbourne.
After finance Pete briefly touched on petrol prices around the suburbs.
Can’t ever remember the Melbourne bulletin going over petrol prices (unless of course if it was a feature story)

4 Likes