Nine News Content and Appearance

Amber stomping all over Victoria tonight for something akin to a high school science presentation.

Don’t think I’ve seen a weather presenter standing on a map since Mike Bailey on Seven back in the early ‘80s.

11 Likes

What the hell is going on with those images of her the last couple of days?

2 Likes

Tacky headline

2 Likes

Today’s version of the same story.

4 Likes

And the latest promo about vet costs has little animal cut-out shapes all over it… ffs, really? This is a news bulletin?!

2 Likes

Turned on the Brisbane news last night at 6.00. I missed their headlines but I was surprised to see the lead story was this pool rescue from WA?! 7 and 10 (at 5) led with the Federal flood funding rejection. It shows where Nine’s priorities are.

7 Likes

I wonder what the point of all the promotion for 6pm was, when they showed the vision at 4pm anyway.

1 Like

A while ago there was negative comment on here about 7 using “next up” instead of “next”. 9News now uses “right after this” … weird choice of phrase for a news bulletin… I guess it goes along well with “alert” instead of “update” or “headlines”…

4 Likes

Yeah I noticed that too. Really poor choice to go for shock footage instead of news of importance.

Not surprising though.

Another strange phrase tonight… coming up “at the end of sport” rather than “after sport”.
Those words actually used on screen.

2 Likes

9News Brisbane opened with “Breaking News” last night. A story about ambulance ramping. Serious, yes. A crisis, maybe. But it’s not “breaking”.

Then the promo about it airing this morning… they continue to use some random font and graphic that doesn’t fit with their branding.

3 Likes

“News delivered for Queenslanders by Queenslanders”.

7 Likes

2 different looking logos and use of blue then maroon.

2 Likes

Nine Queensland will never learn consistence around their network, especially in their graphics

5 Likes

Except for their “Exclusives” and over the top promos, which are consistent… but consistently bad.

3 Likes

The different logos everywhere remind me of the 7 News Brisbane set :joy:

1 Like

Wow, looks to me like nine have never changed their news graphics ever. it all looks the same.

The last graphic and logo change was 2020.
I must say, 9 and 10’s graphics seem to age a lot better than 7’s… and are a lot less cluttered!

1 Like

Minor camera blooper on tonight’s Sydney news.

6 Likes

Good to see Pete made it tonight after his issues last night. :wink:

2 Likes