Nine News Content and Appearance

As nice as that would be (Nine did make a donation to Telethon Perth a few years back after all, with Tim and Emmy presenting the cheque), it’s news related to their competitors, and they ultimately wouldn’t want to promote their opposition.

1 Like

Not on Monday’s 5pm or 6pm news that I saw.

1 Like

Cracking news bulletin in Perth folks…. get Gary’s hot take on the “ draconian and punitive” health measures then later find how to make “big bucks” from a “Tik Tok sensation”.

Good grief.

2 Likes

It’s certainly a different approach to take (giving an opinion in the 6pm news bulletin) but I give them credit for trying something different. You won’t get closer to Rick and Sue by doing the same things as Seven. Provide viewers with an alternative.

3 Likes

Great to see 9News WA First rate better than 10 News First. A win for local.

9 Likes

Also see the ratings topic on this forum. It’s far easier to quote from this than an external site.

5 Likes

New Background for Sydney’s Afternoon News, coming in from Nine’s North Sydney roof camera. It’s a bit pixelated compared to the previous background.

We might also see it at 6pm.

15 Likes

I think they are trying to get more younger viewers in to watch?

1 Like

That is an impressive shot.

6 Likes

I love it. It’s give a true reflection of where the studios are situated. It’s also a nice point of difference to Seven’s backdrop (which they copied from Nine several years ago).

5 Likes

So much better than what they had (which was already pretty good). Bit more life to it with the freeway in shot too.

2 Likes

Fantastic live shot. Hope to see it on 6PM as well.

3 Likes

How are we supposed to see the ships docking at Circular Quay or watch the birds fly into one of Pete’s ears and out the other?

3 Likes

I think I prefer the old one, this one doesn’t have much of the skyline in the background.

Though I’ll reserve final judgement until I’ve seen it live.

May not make the 6pm bulletin.

6pm

3 Likes

Ehh, at this point you cant see Harbour bridge. Time to switch to the new background

2 Likes

The new live shot is a nice angle but appallingly bad quality image (combination of inadequate camera, digital zoom and the screen I guess).

Come to think of it, the OG live shot isn’t much better. For such a prominent element of the presentation, you’d have thought Nine would invest in upping the quality a bit.

3 Likes

I think it’s a bandwidth issue from the camera to the studio which is why it isn’t 4K quality etc.
I remember it being explained as to why it’s not the quality we expect it to be.

1 Like

the quality of the current background isn’t any better. Still looks crap quality. Could be the size of the screen that makes it look that way.

2 Likes

Nine News Sydney - 03/02/2022

Nine News Melbourne - 03/02/2022

4 Likes