Nine News Content and Appearance

Nine Melbourne played a report before about the black Friday deals and the reporter signed off with “NBN News”. Whoops!
Pete laughed and said, “and Nine News Melbourne too which is wonderful”.

16 Likes

Supposed to be shipped to Brisbane but ended up in Melbourne, I suppose. :grin:

1 Like

I suspect it would have just been an error as to which story was copied across into the GTV rundown (since there would be one produced for the network and one specific for NBN).

All network stations have access to every rundown in ENPS and often copy and paste packages across to other bulletins, which is how sometimes state specific information accidentally slips into interstate bulletins.

Gotta wonder why a report for NBN wouldn’t be labelled as such, but still, easy mistake to make.

2 Likes

Haha. He’s such a gentleman!

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/telemelbs/status/1462690749175107584

The Sydney version of that Vicky Jardim Black Friday Sales report featured info about extended trading hours for Westfield Shoppingtowns around Sydney and ended with the correct sign off. Obviously a version of the report without the Sydney specific info was sent to other newsrooms.

10 Likes

Melissa Downes report promo

6 Likes

Well, that’s new for Nine News Queensland… :joy:

10 Likes

Bu they did get the word fear into the promo. Plus another day another font and colour combo.

3 Likes

Nine News Melbourne just got cut off by A Current Affair before Livinia finished reading the weather forecast.

6 Likes

Oh my, that’s bad timing by Melbourne so it seems.

1 Like

Typo during the Weather Update:

11 Likes

In Queensland we had a promo for Lego Masters Christmas special play during the first intro after the headlines. When it ended, we were back to the news and mid-way through a live cross to the newsroom with Sophie Upcroft. Neither her nor Jono acknowledged the stuff up.

3 Likes

Very strange

7 Likes

(1/12/2021) Melissa Downes presenting from Jimboomba for tonight’s Brisbane news with Andrew Lofthouse in studio.

9 Likes

Christmas tree on set on Gold Coast

Also doing their usual carols from various schools from last week.

7 Likes

The National Geographic documentary The Rescue about the Thai soccer team featured a large number of international news broadcasters such as BBC, CBS,ABC US, CNN plus local Thai reports. Noted a couple of brief clips from Nine News.

(Note - all news footage had some sort of effect applied to distinguish it from the rest of the documentary).

5 Likes

I’ve recently made the switch to Nine News after watching Seven for the longest time, and wow, Nine are so much better.

Better set, better graphics, better presenters and better reporters.

17 Likes

Which market?

3 Likes

Nine has a Christmas tree on Brisbane just seen at the close.

Solo read tonight.

8 Likes

What’s with all that pink in the last shot?

3 Likes