Nine News Content and Appearance

Nothing new for Nine Queensland…

3 Likes

Another classic report from Mike Dalton.

4 Likes

TBH, I’m slightly surprised that Mike Dalton wasn’t at Supanova this weekend.

Although in any case, I’d probably be far more interested to see if 100 Years of Ginger Meggs will eventually get the “Dalts Report” treatment between now and the actual anniversary date of November 13.

Granted that he wouldn’t be able to get hold of the current cartoonist who’s seems fairly settled on the other side of the planet (which is a pity because from my limited observations, both Chatfield & Dalton seem like the type of people who’d likely have a blast together in-person) but still - one of those subjects which if reported on correctly, I reckon would have the potential to be regarded as some of his best work ever! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Major audio problems in Sydney at the moment.

They have gone to an unscheduled ad break unannounced.

10 Likes

Back on now after a LONG ad break.

Sport segment was restarted with Cameron stating “Welcome back, thank you for your patience” before reading the sports news.

3 Likes

Here’s a video of it. :slight_smile:

There was also a playout error during the afternoon news here in NSW as well:

Just another typical day at Nine Sydney. :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Again some strange editorial decisions for Nine News QLD tonight including the report of the appointment of the next Governor relegated to 30 minutes into the bulletin - it was the first report on Seven and ABC.

5 Likes

You can tell by Pete’s voice that he is very annoyed by saying “Okay” a few times.

Could these issues be due to the cyber attack? Human error? Machine glitches? Work experience kid?

1 Like

At what point do viewers start getting fed up with these regular “technical difficulties” on Nine News and switch over?

7 Likes

…and what about the extremely blurry footage (probably from YouTube) that Nine used of Mike Bailey in their attempt at an RVO! Do they not have the DigiBetas of bulletins from 2008-09 anymore?! :confused:

Ah well, at least Seven will be glad that Nine showed a bit of their current Sydney newsreader…

How long can we keep blaming this for every major technical problem on Nine News Sydney. It’s been nearly three months now!

…or presenters/reporters, even?

2 Likes

An article on TV Tonight says that Nine are still to this day having issues.

2 Likes

Nine’s CTO quoted in last night’s 60 Minutes cyber attack story: “functionally we’re close to a full recovery”.

Nice to see Fergo making a cameo appearance on Nine News, also.

9 Likes
1 Like

I was thinking this myself last night, almost every night there is some kind of issue with sound or vision.

Nine morning news just cut out in Melbourne.

6 Likes

Seems to have been a technical problems as the ad break went for 10 minutes. Came back to the news desk.

3 Likes

Breaking news, now breaking!

5 Likes

Breaking News: another technical problem.

1 Like

“Just the facts”

(PS - 9 News QLD)

5 Likes

Some caps of the standing presentation at the beginning of Sydney’s bulletin tonight.

10 Likes