Nine News Content and Appearance

On Melbourne’s Afternoon News yesterday Dougal Beatty was at the desk with Brett at the start of the bulletin for his report on covid

While Dougal was talking and footage was airing and we got a very quick glimpse of reporter Mark Santomartino in the newsroom (Mark was waiting to go live with Brett after Dougal’s report…)

Mark realised he was on :joy:

9 Likes

Some lower thirds errors… it’s happened a few times this afternoon

7 Likes

This was on 9 News Sydney tonight. What happened with the red “BREAKING NEWS” graphic?

Instead they had it like this:

4 Likes

It’s on holidays tonight but will be back soon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

These are times when I think Nine News Adelaide deserves more recognition for news coverage.
Edward Godfrey on the scene where an inferno happened, and had exclusive shots:

Meanwhile on Seven, evidently less coverage:

Though I do understand some watch the Seven bulletin because it connects with viewers, the landscape for news in Adelaide is changing quite a bit. Seven certainly doesn’t have as much exclusive stories as it used to, and hence, are beginning to lose the upper lead…

10 Likes

Nine News won its first week of the 2021 ratings period last week at 6pm :medal_sports: :trophy: :tada:

It is Nine’s first win at 6pm since 2015 when Seven News was a 30 min program followed by Today Tonight.

Expect some congratulatory tweets.

Details

(A post 7 years of record keeping in the making :grinning:)

6 Likes

Not sure if it’s been seen before… but here’s how the set transitions for sport.

5 Likes

Graphics error during the headline recap in Perth tonight:

12 Likes

Did Bruce Gordon manage to visit Perth and order that watermark?

5 Likes

Wally was in Townsville for tonight’s sport on Nine.

Check out the last line of his notes “LOOK UP” :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

I hope he didn’t say it on air! :rofl:

2 Likes

That would bee a real Ted Knight (Mary Tyler Moore Show) moment.

2 Likes

Operation Ironside coverage as seen on Morning News

4 Likes

12 Likes

Is this a new banner behind Damo? No red and blue/white with swirls.

4 Likes

Melissa Downes in Townsville for tonight’s news.

6 Likes

Those banners are from the newer Sydney studios, unlikely though to be a impending refresh as the current graphics debuted not too long ago:

4 Likes

It’s just generic branding for the newsroom. Doesn’t have to match on air. I like that it’s different. Same idea but more subtle. You have to remember that newsroom isn’t just the TV component. It’s 9news.com.au, social etc. and the website doesn’t have the on air branding. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brisbane tonight

Gold Coast

8 Likes

New promo seen in Sydney.

13 Likes