Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

‘What a Year’ should be scheduled for the following Sunday - it’s more suited airing closer to the new year compared to just before Christmas

Having said that, good on Nine for producing a year-in-review special

5 Likes

What a Year reminded me of this show that aired on Channel Nine back in 2006. each episode talked about a selected year that have happened during the past. Unfortunately, this show was dumped in 2007 due to low ratings.

No ‘Elf’ this year? Interesting.

Wasn’t this movie shown last night?

1 Like

Yup.

Is that 2 repeats of Young Sheldon on Boxing Day?

Where’s the Hopman Cup primetime for east coast viewers.

I love those ‘year in review’ specials.

Deck The Halls when they’ve just aired it? Yes, they don’t have Christmas Vacation anymore, but surely they could’ve selected a different movie they didn’t just air on their main channel a week or two earlier :thinking:

No massive loss IMO - it was basically just an ad for the AWW.

I agree on both points, a “Year in Review” special might even be a good program to air on New Years Eve itself.

5 Likes

Seriously? They had nothing better to fill the slot than dragging this up from the archives?

No, sorry. Archives are for treasures. They’ve got this out of the rubbish bin.

4 Likes

It may be shown on 9GO! or 9Gem?

Hopman Cup is 1pm - 5pm main channel then 5pm - 6pm and 7.30pm - 12.30 am on 9Gem (AEDT)

1 Like

It’s on 10 on Christmas Eve.

WHAT A YEAR!

Take a look back at what got us talking in 2018

Sunday 23 December at 7pm

In a blink of an eye, 2018 is coming to a close. And while the past 12 months has had its fair share of terrible news from natural disasters to mass shootings and humanitarian crises, there has also been much to make you feel good and smile.

What A Year is a 90-minute special look at the past 12 months told in a light-hearted, informal way – there’s the obvious news headlines of the year but there’s also a big emphasis on entertainment highlights, music, TV and lighter stories.

Hosted by Scott Cam and Leila McKinnon on the roof terrace of The Block in Melbourne, viewers will be guided through the big events of the year by Nine personalities including Tracy Grimshaw, Sylvia Jeffreys, Richard Wilkins and David Campbell, who all host their own individual segments such as local news, international news, sport, local TV, Music, Royals, movies.

And what a year 2018 has been! From the Test cricket sandpaper scandal that ruined the careers of some of Australia’s biggest sporting stars to the Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, there has rarely been a dull moment. If there was, then you could always count on US President Donald Trump to spice things up.

What A Year takes viewers on a rollercoaster ride through the year, trying to make sense of it all. There are the award ceremonies from the Oscars to the Logies; the top movies of the year and of course the TV shows that kept us glued to the screen.

We feature the best moments of A Current Affair that resonated with Australians, and have a laugh at the viral clips. On a heavier note, 2018 also generated headlines for plenty of the wrong reasons, including several mass shootings in America and heartbreaking crimes here at home.

Normally you would have expected Karl Stefanovic to co-host something like this instead of Scott Cam

sure sure, but if it was Karl it would focus solely on his year, and with Carols By Candelight on tomorrow night at 8, there just wasn’t enough time for that show to fit everything in :wink:

No one watching What A Year! ?

I saw the segment on the “highs and lows” of TV.

The only 8 shows featured were:

I couldn’t tell form the commentary which were the highs and which were lows :wink:

Today show events didn’t make the lists.

5 Likes