08:00 pm RBT
08:30 pm Paramedics S1 Ep06
09:30 pm Chicago Med S3 Ep06
10:30 pm Embarrassing Bodies Rpt
11:30 pm Imposters S1 Ep01 and 02 Series Premiere

Friday 9 November
07:30 pm Vet on the Hill
08:35 pm Movie: Paper Planes (2014)
10:50 pm Movie: Along Came a Spider (2001)

Saturday 10 November
07:00 pm World of Dance S1 Ep02
08:00 pm Movie: Grease (1978)
10:15 pm Movie: Saturday Night Fever (1977)

This’ll be interesting.

That looks more woeful than 7 and 10.
Highlight will be the millionth repeat of Grease

1 Like

What’s good on Seven/Ten?

B&P was quite good last year, I secretly got hooked, never thought I would. Have you seen it? There’s some other alright stuff.

And HYBPA and Gogglebox at least for Ten.

FFF should attract viewers for Nine too.

1 Like

Not much. But 9’s offerings look even less appealing

1 Like

And almost two years on, you could probably already predict, only it’s the other way round.

1 Like

I’ll be the first to admit that my predictions of Married At First Sight being a megaflop were off the mark, although it’s just one example (of many) which proves that I don’t completely share the general obsession that Sydneysiders have with Channel Nine!

However, I still completely stand by this sentence from the comment:

1 Like

Or that of most Australians lol.

If only Seven/Ten had something which could build up buzz and not lose steam (I know Ten has Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise, but they’re not in the same league as MAFS). It seems Seven’s recent ‘rebirth’ of Bride and Prejudice is probably Seven’s attempt at trying to steal MAFS’ audience, which probably isn’t going to work as there just isn’t enough buzz and the show in general is crap.

3 Likes

Interesting how increasingly reliant on overseas content the networks are becoming. Somewhat unsurprising given the time of year but challenging the idea that only domestic content works now. Largely that’s true but not entirely.

I’d be very interested to know what Nine plans to fill those hours in the summer schedule that used to be occupied by endless cricket. Do they have any Australian programming planned or will they be relying on overseas content?

I’ve never seen a Nine summer schedule without cricket in my lifetime.

2 Likes

Back to the Future, more Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, more Jurassic Park, Patch Adams, Kindergarten Cop, Forrest Gump, etc

2 Likes

Most of Nine’s cricket coverage was confined to the daytime - it’s only the handful of nights occupied by ODIs/international Twenty20 matches where there are obvious gaps but they’ll be filled by the Australian Open

As such, It’s probably going to be a shuffling of deck chairs in that they’ll just run a ‘regular’ daytime lineup during December (instead of airing test cricket) and then rely on the tennis (especially the Australian Open) throughout January.

3 Likes

With the Tennis airing in January, It is possible that Nine may air Ellen Degeneres as a lead-in to the tennis in NSW/Vic/Tas and ACT, with Today Extra only screening til 10am.

I doubt that. Suspect it will be Today, tennis, news and Tennis for the entirety of the Australian Open.

6 Likes

I still think it could be possible due to the fact in the early 2000s over Summer Nine used to air Mornings with KAK for 1 hour followed by other shows. I was thinking given the Saturday show would probably be cut back to a 10am to 11am offering, they might do the same throughout the week, moreso given that it is likely that Nine will start the Australian Open Tennis at 10am on Nine In NSW, Vic, Tas and ACT and 9:30am and 9am respectively in SA and QLD

It’s more likely they’ll either extend Today to air until 10am during the AO (considering everything Nine has said about integrating their other shows/platforms with the event) or do what Seven did and have the coverage begin at 9am with highlights of the previous day

3 Likes