Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

That game is played in Auckland, so if its played at 7:00pm Auckland time, it may screen at 5pm on Nine or maybe on GEM at whatever time. Does anyone know if its a day time match in Auckland or a night time game?

1 Like

7:45 Auckland time. 5:45 AEDST

1 Like

So unless this is for all states except NSW/QLD, then it is likely only screening on GEM

1 Like

Yep, guides now confirming 9Gem nationally (at this stage - seems strange for Sydney and Brisbane though, but obviously prioritising Nine News?)

I guess that they might have decided to keep National Nine News Nationally instead of shifting it to say 4:00pm or 4:30pm on the main channel in Sydney only, noting that QLD being 1 hour behind could have easily aired National Nine News straight after the coverage around 7pm. Probably easier from a programming perspective. That said maybe Nine will let people know at 5:30pm that the test is on GEM with kick off at 5:45pm AEDST.

Maybe Nine could offer a 4:00pm News on GEM in Brisbane

1 Like

As at least 2.5 hours of the telecast is in prime time in Sydney (1.5 for Brisbane) and should rate well, 9Gem should pull big shares in those markets, bumping up 9Gem’s share for the night.

The series has been changed into a 80-minute comedy-drama.

1 Like

Schedule Update:

Friday 12 October
08:35 pm Movie: Everest (2015)
11:00 pm Movie: Machine Gun Preacher (2011)

2 Likes

I am actually really intrigued about the results for a Friday night for possibly the first time ever this week, with Seven’s apparently ‘exclusive’ umpteenth Royal special, albeit another actual wedding this time.
So if it bombs, who knows, Nine might actually win a very rare Friday with this (premiere?)
A gut feeling says that the wedding will do big business though, given earlier this year, Over 55s women and all glued to their sets.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it mentioned elsewhere, but I have noticed that 9 Darwin are showing their own local fishing programme at 8pm on Thursday night instead of RBT. The show is called “Catching The Chase - Barra Nationals”

2 Likes

Get ready for the promos tomorrow onwards with “Australia’s No. 1 new show” if Manifest kills it for Nine tonight, 50/50 on it either being massive or flop, at least debut episode

The “Australia’s #1 New Drama” Promos have probably already been produced by the Nine Network promotional department. All they’d be doing is waiting to see what the ratings are like before deciding whether or not to air them! :wink:

1 Like

Likely to rate well as 9-1-1 and Playing for Keeps are not big competition and I predict this season of The Bachelorette to be a huge flop.

New food show Anna Gare’s Cab Fare premieres this Saturday (October 16) at 12.30pm on the main channel with repeats on 9Gem at 11.30am Sundays. The show, produced by Essential Media and Entertainment (Gourmet Farmer, Rake, Jack Irish), sees chef and former Junior MasterChef judge Anna Gare gathering stories and recipes from 10 taxi drivers from 13CABS, culminating in the creation of delicious dishes inspired by their backgrounds.
Episode 1:
Anna meets Dhruv, a young driver from Northern India. She learns an amazing tandoor trick that will transform her butter chicken, a recipe for the perfect fluffy fragrant rice. Later, Anna meets Dhruv’s family and gets her hands dirty.

They should try these type of shows in primetime on 9Gem. They are Australian and first run even though they are sponsored programs.

5 Likes

Helloworld

CRUISING WITH CROCODILES

Sunday 14 October at 4.30pm

This week on the premium travel program Helloworld the team treat themselves to traditional Italian
cooking, thrilling-seeking activities and island-hopping in Hong Kong, Sunday at 4.30pm on Nine and
9Now.

Ray Martin is exploring our own backyard as he travels to the stunning Kakadu National Park. After
dropping off his bags at the crocodile-shaped Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel, Ray is off to meet
some of the locals on a cruise down the Yellow Water Billabong, keeping an eye out for some of the
10,000 or more crocodiles that take residency here.

Bec Hewitt shows us the best bits of New Zealand’s adventure capital, Queenstown, starting off with
a ride on the Skyline Queenstown Gondola which boasts a magnificent 220-degree panorama view of the
city. For the adrenaline junkies, Bec then has a go on the Shotover Jet, a jet boat that takes
passengers on an extreme ride along the Shotover River and through surrounding canyons.

Our man in Europe, Vince Sorrenti, is in Florence, home of the Italian Renaissance, where he starts
by experiencing authentic Italy with a home visit to a local family, before attending an exclusive
cooking class with renowned chef Libero Saraceni and sourcing ingredients from the Sant’Ambrogio
Market to make a delicious bruschetta.

Meanwhile, Lauren Phillips takes a trip to Hong Kong where she visits Ocean Park Hong Kong, the
popular marine park, oceanarium and amusement playground. Then it’s off to the busy Wan Chai
district for cocktails and delicious food, before checking out the Symphony of Lights cruise on
Victoria Harbour for a light and sound spectacular.

Helloworld encores nationally on 9Life on Wednesday at 12.30pm and Sunday at 11.00am

How did Bec Hewitt’s return to series television rate? Did it win the timeslot do you know?

I doubt many people would be watching TV at 4:30 pm on a Sunday.

I recorded it and watched before dinner…ffwd thru most of it, its Getaway with a different sponsor

Stevie sure has buffed up!

1 Like

Never thought I’d see Ray Martin presenting for a 4.30pm Sunday travel show that’s completely sponsored content.

1 Like