Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Dalton > Brosnan

Thank you Bort, couldn’t see it in guides. I knew Living Daylights and Licence to Kill (underrated films btw and I am a fan of Dalton) were on 9Gem this weekend. But Seven did it and now Nine, often from Goldeneye they do main chunnel (or even the higher rating 9Go!)

Yeah, that has been the case in the past. Perhaps now that there’s four Craig films, the Brosnan entries aren’t the drawcard they once were for the primary channel. Either that, or the Gem double will produce a decent share.

1 Like

True. They’ve been doing very well for 9Gem in recent months on Saturday, 3-4% shares for a channel that often rates disappointingly for an 8 year old channel and compared to its target demo rival 7Two.

Schedule update
Tuesday 10 July
07:30pm Australian Ninja Warrior
09:20pm Buying Blind
11:00pm Nine News Special - Thai cave rescue

Week commencing 22 July 2018

Sunday 22 July
07:00 pm Australian Ninja Warrior S2 Ep7 Only the very best made it through the heats, but now the competition steps up a gear as we enter the semi-finals.
08:40 pm 60 Minutes
09:40 pm Killer Women With Piers Morgan Rpt
10:40 pm Guiltology
11:40 pm Major Crimes Rpt

Monday 23 July
07:30 pm Australian Ninja Warrior S2 Ep8
09:10 pm The Big Bang Theory S11 Ep24 Season 11 Final
09:40 pm The Big Bang Theory Rpt
10:10 pm 100% Footy (NRL) / Footy Classified (AFL)
11:10 pm Two And A Half Men x 2 Rpt

Tuesday 24 July
07:30 pm Australian Ninja Warrior S2 Ep9
09:10 pm Inferno (2016)
11:40 pm The Closer Rpt

Wednesday 25 July
07:30 pm Britain’s Got Talent
09:30 pm Britain’s Got More Talent
10:30 pm Embarrassing Bodies Rpt
11:30 pm Lethan Weapon Rpt

Thursday 26 July
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm Thursday Night Football
09:45 pm The Footy Show NRL
11:00 pm The Footy Show AFL

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm Driving Test Series Premiere
08:00 pm RBT
08:30 pm The Footy Show AFL
10:00 pm World’s Funniest Videos Top 10 Countdown x 2
11:00 pm The Footy Show NRL

Friday 27 July
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm Friday Night Football
10:45 pm Warrior (2010)

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm Vet on the Hill
08:30 pm If I Stay (2014)
10:45 pm The Closer
11:45 pm Chicago Med

Saturday 28 July
07:00 pm Ghostbusters (2016)
09:25 pm Sisters (2015)
11:45 pm Beetlejuice (1988)

Market variations will be posted later.

1 Like

Wondered why Seven had been airing “The Da Vinci Code” and “Angels and Demons” recently, airing again on 7flix over coming Mondays.

Nine strategic programming with this FTA premiere.

1 Like

Pretty lean schedule there for Nine.

2 Likes

No rights to season 2 of Lethal Weapon?

Can’t see anything about it. You’d think it would have shown up by now.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking.

1 Like

Obviously keen to catch the “people who watched another movie on another network a couple of weeks ago” market

8 Likes

With the 11th season of The Big Bang Theory finishing on July 23, the new season of True Story with Hamish and Andy should start the following Monday.

1 Like

I think nine should hold it off for the block

I’d rather see the show in a 7.30pm spot rather than following Ninjas even if it is a final; potentially a much bigger audience in the earlier timeslot.

I heard from Voiceover Rod Mullinar saying that True Story with Hamish and Andy will return in August. Possibly, we need to find out the conclusion of Ninja Warrior season 2.

Sorry, I didn’t word it very well.

I thought weeks ago why hadn’t Seven premiered “Inferno” yet (as it’s been the usual 1.5 - 2 years that FTA networks have to wait before premiering a movie).

Makes sense why now, Nine acquired rights. And often when a network loses a movie to another (final runs), they’ll air them close together, like this film’s aforementioned predecessors on 7Two weeks ago and now 7flix tomorrow and Monday week.

So Nine taking that opportunity.

If Nine want to find out why viewers aren’t choosing them as their number one network, look no further than the decision to air three hours of a British talent show in primetime. Britain’s Got Talent wound up in early June. Anyone can Google the result and Nine expect us to sit there and watch it with ads. Seriously insulting.

5 Likes

I can see why the ratings have suffered this year.
Last year was fresh and new and exciting and we kind of accepted the annoying parts of the show.
This year the annoying things are compounded by the fact that it is no longer fresh.
Those annoying things include:

1. When they saying ‘after the break’ the clip can be a full minute or so. A preview for after the break should not be that long.
  2. Some people get a full back story and then fall off in 30 seconds, yet some people actually make it up the wall and all they get is ‘while you were away’ and some 10 second clip.
  3. Those crazy promos about ‘biggest controversy’ and that turns out to be nothing more than a favourite that falls off in the first obstacle.
  4. Freddie Flintoff… say no more
3 Likes
  1. Rebecca Maddern. Everyone that I’ve talked to about this show (myself included) cannot stand Rebecca. She should’ve stuck too news reporting.