Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Will Nine Adelaide get the telecast started at 6:30PM or stay at 7PM?

And good to see TBYG encore no longer scheduled for 7pm this or next Saturday.

Thatā€™s too bad i watched last nightā€™s encore

1 Like

Despite being a prominent member of a media forum website and running your own site, over many years.

You would be all over VOD catch-up sites (thatā€™s how I immediately caught-up) and how a DVRs work.

Soā€¦ Really :thinking: You must be really patient or couldnā€™t care much for the show and were channel surfing?

Why do you think these encores are scheduled? So people who missed it the first time around can watch it. This includes people who didnā€™t know it was on at the start of the week or perhaps hadnā€™t heard of it before -given it was on Ten, this isnā€™t a massive stretch even if it was a high eater.
Not everyone has access to a DVR or wants to stream it. They help build the brand of the show on a traditionally low rating night anyway.

4 Likes

It bumped Jurassic Park which is a 1993 movie everyone has seen, you could have rented it on iTunes or presumably you know how DVRs and DVDs work?

If you havenā€™t seen that 25 year old movie, you must be really patient or donā€™t care much for it.

6 Likes

Yes all of those. I didnā€™t actively seek out the show but saw it while channel flicking and stuck with it. Which i imagine is what these ā€œencoresā€ are intended for, to catch viewers who missed it first time and perhaps not actively searching it out

But just because i have a website doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m too prolific in using catch up services. I never use 9now.

3 Likes

Update:

Sunday 27 May
09:20 pm 60 Minutes
10:20 pm Love Island Rpt
11:50 pm Guiltology

Monday 28 May
10:45 pm Love Island Rpt

Tuesday 29 May
10:45 pm Love Island Rpt

Wednesday 30 May
11:00 pm Love Island Rpt

Fair enough then :smiling_face:

Yes, but I was talking about Television AU, I was going off what I think were pretty solid presumptions.

Anyway, he since clarified. No harm here :smiling_face:

If Seven can do an hour/hour and fifteen post-game show after every Friday night AFL match, think Nine will have more than enough content to do a 70 minute post-game

2 Likes

Nineā€™s new broadcast deal stated that theyā€™d have ā€œextended post gameā€ from this year on Friday nights.

Used to finish 10:15pm - 10:30pm. Earlier this year, coverage was first scheduled until around 11:15pm, then it was 11pm and now itā€™s 10:45pm. Not just these end time changes, but Nineā€™s main channel shares also donā€™t reflect any increase from any post game.

So I too would question the validity of unnecessarily long post game shows.

Just so weā€™re clear, Iā€™m not sure Sevenā€™s do any better

State of Origin is slightly different being an exclusive product to Nine, so they will have that captive league audience post match.

Thereā€™s always plenty of discussion points after Origin over which players will be dropped etc.

2 Likes

It might be late already to do this but RBT was move to 8PM due to The Tour: Perth Childrenā€™s Hospital after ACA at 7:30PM.

A new episode of Britainā€™s Got Talent will be shown in WA next Wednesday night (June 6) after State of Origin, meaning WA will be one episode ahead of other states.

Movie has been pulled from Nineā€™s schedule for tonight for more Love Island encores.

W/c 3 June schedule also updated above.

1 Like

What are Nine thinking!? Knoxy even mentioned it in his newsletter, how bad the last main channel encore rated and said he had to ā€œgiggleā€.

Desperation obviously to beef up figures.

He was giggling at the 69,000 figure it achieved.

4 Likes

How immature.

Cā€™mon, Iā€™d expect something like that from me, after hitting the Pinot all night (and no itā€™s not Penfolds) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Surely youā€™re not drinking on a church night?

11 Likes