Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

I must say I’m slightly disappointed none of the networks have any theme appropriate programming tonight on May the Fourth…

Nevertheless, an interesting film scheduled tonight on 9Gem :joy:

(guide is on Adelaide time)

5 Likes

Well, Seven have the Star Wars rights and they’re not going to air them on 7mate and given AFL is on main channel in two markets…

Unfortunate.

Week commencing 13 May 2018

Sunday 13 May
07:00 pm The Voice The Battles 1 Competition enters the next phase. 12 Battles, 12 winners go through to the Live shows for the chance to be named “The Voice of Australia.”
08:30 pm 60 Minutes
09:30 pm Harry and Meghan: A Love Story
10:30 pm The Innocence Network
11:30 pm Major Crimes Rpt

Monday 14 May
07:30 pm The Voice The Battles 2
09:00 pm Adele - Live In London Rpt
10:20 pm 100% Footy (NRL) / Footy Classified (AFL)
11:20 pm Two And A Half Men x 2 Rpt

Tuesday 15 May
07:30 pm Eat Well For Less This two part series will show families where they spend their money and where to save money by eating well for less. Hosted by Leila McKinnon and celebrity chef Ben O’Donoghue.
09:00 pm Meghan Markle: The First 100 Days
10:00 pm Beauty and the Beach
11:00 pm Mom x 2 Rpt

Wednesday 16 May
07:30 pm Young Sheldon S1 Ep9
08:00 pm The Big Bang Theory S11 Ep15
08:30 pm Britain’s Got Talent
10:00 pm Young Sheldon Rpt
10:30 pm The Big Bang Theory Rpt
11:00 pm Embarrassing Bodies Down Under Rpt

Thursday 17 May
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm NRL Thursday Night Football
09:45 pm The Footy Show NRL
11:00 pm The Footy Show AFL

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm RBT
08:30 pm The Footy Show AFL
10:00 pm World’s Funniest Videos Top 10 Countdown x 2
11:00 pm The Footy Show NRL

Friday 18 May
07:30 pm NRL Friday Night Football
10:45 pm Daylight (1996)

Saturday 19 May
07:00 pm Harry And Meghan - The Royal Wedding
11:00 pm License To Wed (2007)

Market variations will be posted later.

1 Like

Tuesday 15 May
07:30 pm Eat Well For Less
09:00 pm Meghan Markle: The First 100 Days

Surely 9 can run Young Sheldon and Big Bang Theory on Tuesdays as well as Wednesdays?

2 Likes

Oh please c’mon

Looking forward to it?

1 Like

Nine has done the right thing by scheduling next Sunday’s episode of The Voice to finish at 8.30pm. Assuming it ends on time, it should give Delta fans enough time to switch to Seven for the start of Olivia: Hopelessly Devoted to You.

That’s a lot of Delta in one night.

1 Like

Yeah, like bitter rival Nine want to give Seven a free kick :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Have to say I’m with Sully on this one… who’d have thought?!? Nine will make its show run late for sure

3 Likes

Eat Well for Less looks like it belongs in the 90s but could it be the beginning of a lifestyle resurgence?

The Nine schedule for week commencing 13 May is kind of insulting to viewers. Repeats, tacky specials, foreign variety programs etc. Maybe Royal Wedding mania and House Rules fatigue will see Nine’s strategy pay off. I am not confident though.

Is it the Summer non-ratings period already?

2 Likes

Exactly what I thought. Then I realised it’s probably sponsored content Coles or Woolies are paying them big bucks to broadcast or advertise during.

Eat Well for Less

Tuesday 15 May at 7.30pm

The inspiring, money-saving series Eat Well for Less premieres on Tuesday, May 15, at 7.30pm on Nine and 9Now.

Join hosts, Nine journalist Leila McKinnon and celebrity chef Ben O’Donoghue, on a mission to show Australians how to eat well for a lot less in a program that will change the shopping, cooking and eating habits of the nation.

In two 90-minute specials, McKinnon and O’Donoghue take families who are cash-strapped and time-poor, seize their shopping trolleys, and then transform their lives meal by meal. From secret tips and tricks to public taste tests, it’s a show full of fascinating insights into exactly what we put into our fridges, cupboards and mouths.

Too many Aussies are making basic shopping mistakes – throwing out food at the end of the week and spending too much money on convenience foods and big brands. Eat Well For Less will show the average family what to buy and where to buy it so they can shop, cook and eat well for less without compromising on quality.

Finance expert Ross Greenwood and comedian Merrick Watts also join in to offer easy, money-saving food tips for all Australians to follow.

Our cash-strapped and time poor families are pleasantly surprised to find that with a few handy tips and tricks along with changing their shopping, cooking and eating habits, that they can easily save thousands of dollars annually on their grocery bills.

Eat Well for Less is a highly successful and entertaining format , created originally by UK production company RDF for BBC One, with the UK version now in its 5th series.

4 Likes

Looks like Coles on board as key advertisers.

While all the shopping seems to be done at Coles, in one of the taste comparison tests Woolworths and Aldi brands also feature.

2 Likes

What about IGA?

1 Like

Pretty certain they did a show or once off specials just like this smack in the middle of the GFC.
Will be interesting to see how it performs, screams advertorial to me.

2 Likes

and who said TV is dying? No wonder Netflix is thriving when this sort of stuff is the opposition

6 Likes

While I am cynical I would not be surprised if this does okay. A Current Affair airs before it and the consumer deal angle seems to attract the viewers.