Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Another pick-up from Seven (a film they’ve aired a lot the past year).

Under Sony Pictures Television, but Nine do have a number of their films and I’d hazard a guess have re-negotiated another deal recently.

These two didn’t perform well last night, especially for a FTA movie premiere (lost to umpteenth repeat of “Frozen”, probably cost Nine the night :confused:

Not that it matters, given it’s summer non-ratings (and Nine were well ahead for the week with Ashes)

Are these repeats?

The other 8 episodes were a full hour. Wikipedia reckons there are just 8 episodes in season 2 so they could all be played. Is this season 1?

There’s your problem. The production company site refers to 30 minute episodes.

Nine must have doubled them up, presumably for a lack of other factuals to pair it with.

3 Likes

Well there have been 8 episodes thus far (meaning 16 episodes) so this new double puts it at 18. I wonder how many eps there are

Will National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation be airing on Dec 25 this year?

How many years straight has it being running on Xmas night for? At least 6-8

1 Like

a while ago, Nine played Law & Order SVU late at night from the beginning but the following week it was replaced by Cold Case even thought it listed it in the EPG. Did they play it by mistake? Not have the rights?

Embassy is series 3 episodes 1 and 2

Nine seem to be hopping between series in the genre with repeats of The Closer, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Cold Case, Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, and the Wednesday night just past CSI: NY, airing sporadically late at night.

I wonder what the future is for Survivor on Nine/9Go!, as it has always been distributed by CBS. Nine have hung onto it from the time they had an output deal with CBS, despite CBS later signing a deal with Ten.

As long as CBS are still making money by on-selling it to Nine, I can’t see it changing networks for the foreseeable future just because they own Ten now.

1 Like

Week commencing 24 December

Sunday 24 December
07:00 pm Trolls Holiday Special
07:30 pm Shrek The Halls
08:00 pm Carols By Candlelight
11:00 pm The Ice Harvest (2005)

Monday 25 December :christmas_tree:
07:30 pm Elf (2003)
09:30 pm National Lampoon’s Vacation (1983)
11:30 pm 2017 Queen’s Christmas Message
11:40 pm CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Tuesday 26 December
09:30 am AEST The Ashes: Fourth Test - Australia v England Tue-Sat

07:30 pm The Big Bang Theory x 2 Rpt
08:30 pm Meet The Fockers (2004)
10:45 pm The Big Bang Theory x 2 Rpt
11:45 pm Cold Case

Wednesday 27 December
07:30 pm The Voice Kids
09:00 pm Pitch Perfect 2 (2015)
11:20 pm CSI: NY

Thursday 28 December
07:30 pm Great Getaways
08:30 pm 20 To One
09:30 pm Victoria’s Secret 2017
10:30 pm Multi Million Dollar Mega Yachts
11:35 pm Pompidou

Friday 29 December
07:30 pm The Embassy S3 Ep 3 and 4
08:30 pm Patch Adams (1998)
10:45 pm Our Idiot Brother (2011)

Saturday 30 December
07:00 pm Jumanji (1995)
09:05 pm The Scorpion King (2002)
11:00 pm Mr. Nice Guy (1997)

:cricket: For details of cricket coverage, check local guides and Nine Cricket Coverage

2 Likes

Monday 25 December :christmas_tree:

06:30 - 7:30 am 2017 Lord Mayor’s Christmas Carols
The Lord Mayor’s Christmas Carols from Brisbane’s Riverstage is an annual Christmas highlight. From Santa’s arrival with Lah Lah, to classic performances by Luke Kennedy, Ellen Reed and Isaiah Firebrace, this is a must see festive event.

08:30 - 10:30 am The Credit Union Christmas Pageant
Brenton Ragless and Kate Collins present the 2017 Credit Union Christmas Pageant.

3 Likes

I’m assuming this is am not pm.

1 Like

I wonder if Nine have lost rights to Christmas Vacation, although haven’t seen it on Seven yet?

Movies on TV - #41 by Sully .

Amended schedule in Melbourne tonight due to early finish to the cricket:
7.00pm ? (cricket recap perhaps)
7.30pm A Current Affair
8.00pm RBT rpt
9.00pm Movie: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol rpt

1 Like

Update

“National Lampoon’s Vacation” (1983) for Christmas night has been dropped by Nine.

I wonder why…

They came to these senses?

(i.e.)
It’d have been head-to-head with Eurpoean Vacation on another network & that network would’ve already aired Christmas Vacation.

Nine have replaced it with “Surviving Christmas” (2004) which aired on one of their multi-channels over the weekend.

Tonight is possibly the first night of the year, where no movie is airing on any of Nine’s channels.

Very rare, especially for 9Go!