Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Poor old Dora and Paw Patrol pre-empted again tomorrow morning because 7 hours of Trump is not enough.

I’m sure that Weekend Today is being extended for coverage of both the Melbourne CBD incident and Trump’s inauguration…

3 Likes

You realise that you’re the only one that gives a shit, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On here yes. :slight_smile:
Someone has to stick up for the children (and television in general).

If it were up to this forum, Weekend Today would run from 6am to midday. Mornings (Afternoons) from 12pm to 3pm and Nine News Now Weekend Edition from 3pm-5pm shudders

3 Likes

As adults, I can’t see why they’d want to choose to watch preschooler entertainment instead. Most people are not obsessed with animation either. In fact, most adults wouldn’t watch any.

Dora pauses…

THAT WAS MY FAVOURITE PART TOO!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ahh the classic period of my adolescence when I’d watch Dora and shout something like ‘I liked the part when you had the biggest cocaine bender so Pablo Escobar chased after you across the whole continent because he was losing money after you stole his product’

Never got old when she’d say ‘I liked that part, too’.

New season of RBT premieres Thursday February 2 according to promo shown tonight.

8pm next Sunday is a very strange time to launch Lethal Weapon which would be their most advertised product apart from Married At First Sight. It would also be one of the most M rated shows to be shown pre-8.30 at least in terms of violence.
With 60 Minutes and I presume Married At First Sight to come to Sundays when will this actually air 9.30?

You would think American content would air in a later timeslot these days especially a series that looks doomed to fail.

I’ve seen the first episode (on Qantas), and it’s not that good. The Mel Gibson character is missing one main ingredient - Mel Gibson.

2 Likes

Movies rarely work as TV series so not surprised.

### Week commencing 29 January 2017

Sunday 29 January
07:00 PM 60 Minutes
08:00 PM Lethal Weapon [color=#3399ff]Series Premiere[/color]
09:00 PM American Sniper (2014)
11:45 PM Public Morals

Monday 30 January
07:30 PM Married At First Sight [color=#3399ff]Series Return[/color]
09:15 PM Bride Wars (2009)
11:05 PM CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Tuesday 31 January
07:30 PM Married At First Sight
09:00 PM Monster-In-Law (2005)
11:00 PM Mom
11:30 PM Mike and Molly

Wednesday 1 February
07:30 PM Married At First Sight
09:00 PM My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)
11:00 PM Murder In The First

Thursday 2 February
07:30 PM RBT [color=#3399ff]Series Return[/color]
08:30 PM Edge Of Tomorrow (2014)
10:45 PM Conspiracy
11:45 PM The Mysteries Of Laura

Friday 3 February
07:30 PM Married At First Sight Rpt
09:15 PM Married At First Sight Rpt
10:45 PM Married At First Sight Rpt

Saturday 4 February
07:00 PM Paul Blart: Mall Cop (2009)
09:00 PM The Hangover (2009)
11:00 PM Caddyshack II

A very bland week. Caddyshack II is the only show that interests me, and it is a shabby sequel.

They don’t think this too much Married At First Sight or too much marriage rubbish in one week? How sad.

4 Likes

4 and a half hours of repeat Friday night prime time from 7:30which will also be on catch up!
Remove 9’s licence!!!

2 Likes

One wonders if this stripped married at first sight will work. I’m over the fucking promos. So bad. Channel 9 beginning to look like 10 with its very limited programming depth. Thankfully 9 has news output where ten do fuck all.

3 Likes

If the last few years are an indication, Seven will do the same thing with MKR in regards to a Friday night and/or weekend ‘encore’ blocks in the first two weeks while it’s still non-ratings. As a result, the networks clearly don’t see a problem with such a tactic

As to your overall point about MAFS, what Nine is doing with it could ‘kill’ the show for one of two reasons:

• a) It ends up being the next show that gets poor or soft ratings up against MKR or;
  • b) The expansion of what’s meant to be a weekly program into a stripped multi-night one + the changes made (eg; having ten couples instead of four or five + The Bachelor/Bachelorette style living conditions) ends up turning viewers off.
1 Like

For me, scheduling Married at First Sight encores before its season premiere indicates Nine wants to give viewers a chance to sample it and My Kitchen Rules (assuming they watch MKR first and catch up on MAFS later). Nine will be hoping that most viewers will stick with MAFS on the second week.

I will not be watching Married at First Sight. It’s terrible. Nine stated that for last year there would be more variety in their scheduling instead of having the same program 4 to 5 nights a week. Well that didn’t last!