Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

That’s a good idea to air it earlier on 9Gem.

Does anyone know what time it is recorded? ( probably in the afternoon?).

2 Likes

Is this because of Nine’s late change encoring Coronation Concert (this thing is being done to death!) and presume Footy Classified will be the same in AFL markets

2 Likes

That makes sense. But it would be good to see that done permanently.

And they could air Footy Classified after it on 9Gem in the NRL states and vice versa down south.

4 Likes

They’ve done it a few times LIVE in Melbourne on 9Gem around 8:30pm in the past, such as following a big news story and/or due to very late main channel time. I feel previously it used to be pre-recorded, but it’s definitely live now, even if first run at 10:30pm.

2 Likes

Matthew Lloyd confirmed on 3AW’s WWOS that Footy Classified will air live on 9Gem at 8.40pm, then a replay on the main channel at 11.10pm, for tonight.

5 Likes

Nine are moving the SUPER RUGBY PACIFIC 2023 Waratahs vs Rebels to the main channel in Sydney at 7.30pm - Harry Potter moved to 9Gem.

Waiting for confirmation.

Wide World of Sports presents the Waratahs vs Rebels, live from Allianz Stadium, Sydney. Join our expert commentary team for all the action right from the sidelines, kick off at 7:35PM AEST

First 30 minutes on 9Gem from 7pm

Update:

Nine Sydney

07:30 pm SUPER RUGBY PACIFIC 2023 Waratahs vs Rebels

09:30 pm SUPER RUGBY PACIFIC 2023 POST-MATCH

10:00 pm MOVIE: VALKYRIE (2008)

5 Likes

ORIGINAL HOST TINA DALTON RETURNS TO GETAWAY

SATURDAY, MAY 13, ON CHANNEL 9 AND 9NOW

It must be déjà vu! One of Getaway’s first hosts, Tina Dalton, returns to Australia’s top travel program almost exactly 31 years after her first episode, tomorrow at 5.30pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.

After making her debut on May 14, 1992, Tina joins the show for a special episode, taking viewers on an icy journey aboard Scenic Eclipse while showcasing the pristine beauty of Antarctica and surrounds.

Since appearing on Getaway, Tina has worked in many high-end production roles, with her work nominated for an Emmy Award and a Sundance Film Festival award.

Tina said: “When I got the call to present another episode of Getaway I knew I had to take the chance. The show has always felt like home to me, and makes me reminisce on the early days of my career.

“Viewers can expect to see unbelievable sights from the Falkland Islands and Antarctica from land and onboard the luxury Scenic Eclipse, which I stayed on, and even from the air in the ship’s helicopter.”

This special episode of Getaway follows Tina to Stanley Island, Saunders Island, Azure Island, Gold Harbour and down to Antarctica.

It will showcase the wildlife, explore the tourist activities, and uncover the history of this massive, breathtaking region.

Getaway is proudly supported by its exclusive principal partner, Scenic.

2 Likes

Code for “I needed the job.” The PR lines seem to be so transparent these days.

1 Like

Getaway is nothing more than a 30min advertorial. It’s not like the days when it aired 7:30 Thursdays as a staple before ER.

5 Likes

It’s always been an advertorial.

2 Likes

There wasn’t as much “sponsored” content in the original iteration in the early to mid 90s. Yes there was some airline and venue payments (eg qantas or Disney) but not as such as only one brand featured week on week. It was a very different format. You’d have to watch and do a minute by minute comparison to substantiate the premise that it was always an advertorial.

3 Likes

Though it is arguable the show would have been axed if not for Scenic’s involvement in recent years - also from the PR release “Getaway is proudly supported by its exclusive principal partner, Scenic.”

2 Likes

Week commencing 21 May 2023

Sunday 21 May
Sydney, Brisbane
03:00 pm NRL Sunday Footy Raiders v Sea Eagles

Network
07:00 pm The Summit S01 E04
08:45 pm 60 Minutes
09:45 pm Nine News Late
10:15 pm Australian Crime Stories Rpt
11:15 pm The First 48 S21 E13
12:05 am Law & Order: Organized Crime Rpt

Monday 22 May
07:00 pm A Current Affair
07:30 pm The Summit S01 E05
09:00 pm RPA S19 E08 Season 19 Final
10:00 pm Nine News Late

Sydney, Brisbane
10:30 pm 100% Footy
11:30 pm The Equalizer Rpt

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
10:30 pm Footy Classified
11:30 pm The Equalizer Rpt

Tuesday 23 May
07:30 pm The Summit S01 E06
08:40 pm Lost on Everest Premiere
10:00 pm Nine News Late
10:30 pm Chicago Med S06 E10
11:20 pm Casualty 24/7
12:10 am Court Cam S01 E09

Wednesday 24 May
07:30 pm Travel Guides S06 E04 New Zealand

Sydney, Brisbane
08:30 pm Movie: Vacation (2015)
10:30 pm Nine News Late
11:00 pm New Amsterdam S05 E11
11:50 pm Council of Dads Rpt

08:30 pm Footy Classified
09:30 pm Movie: Vacation (2015)
11:25 pm Nine News Late
11:50 pm Council of Dads Rpt

Thursday 25 May

Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm NRL Thursday Night Footy Dolphins v Dragons
09:45 pm NRL Thursday Night Footy Knock Off
11:00 pm A+E After Dark S02 E11
12:00 am The First 48 Rpt

Melbourne, Adelaide
07:30 pm RBT Rpt
08:30 pm Paramedics Rpt
09:30 pm Embarrassing Bodies S09 E08
10:30 pm A+E After Dark Rpt
11:25 pm Nine News Late
11:50 pm New Amsterdam S05 E11

Perth
07:30 pm RBT Rpt
08:30 pm Paramedics Rpt
09:30 pm Embarrassing Bodies S09 E08
11:00 pm A+E After Dark Rpt
11:50 pm New Amsterdam S05 E11

Friday 26 May

Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm NRL Friday Night Footy Eels v Cowboys
09:55 pm Golden Point
10:40 pm Movie: Triple 9 (2016)

07:30 pm Country House Hunters Australia S03 E11 Dubbo (NSW) - Matt & Blake
08:30 pm Movie: Quantum Of Solace (2008)
10:40 pm Movie: Survivor (2015)

Saturday 27 May
07:30 pm Movie: Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince (2009)
10:30 pm Movie: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)

2 Likes

Lost on Everest

Tuesday 23 May 8:40 PM

A team of climbers set out to find Irvine and his climbing partner George Mallory camera. If that camera could be found, it would rewrite history.

2 Likes

Where do you think the holidays/getaways materialised from? These trips are provided with the purpose of getting viewers/readers to buy. Money probably didn’t change hands for most of them - but it was still converting airtime into essentially advertising. Perhaps now it’s a little more spelled out than it used to be.

2 Likes

Which I think is exactly what @cmo was saying

2 Likes

THE RESCUE: FREE-TO-AIR
AUSTRALIAN PREMIERE

TUESDAY, MAY 16, AT 8:45PM ON CHANNEL 9 & 9NOW

In a free-to-air-first, The Rescue, the documentary that chronicles the incredible mission to extricate 12 boys and their soccer coach from a flooded Thai cave, will premiere on Tuesday, May 16, at 8:45pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.

The Rescue shines a light on the high-risk world of cave diving, the astounding courage and compassion of the rescuers, and the humanity of the international community that united in an effort to save the Wild Boars football team.

Directors Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi and Jimmy Chin bring to life the against-all-odds story through exclusive interviews with the cave diving team, graphic re-enactments and never-before-seen videos.

The Rescue gives insider access allowing viewers into the tough conversations, meetings strained by language barriers, and accurate timeline of the high-stakes extrication mission that captivated the world’s attention.

Personal accounts by cave divers John Volanthen, Rick Stanton, Richard Harris and Jason Mallinson, supported by interviews with the emergency response team, seamlessly piece together the incredible feat of strength and perseverance that made this ultra-dangerous mission such a success.

The film rides a rollercoaster of emotions throughout the dramatic 18-day rescue attempt, from agony to elation, in retelling the heartwarming and triumphant story full of bravery, tenacity and endurance.

The Rescue comes from Oscar®, BAFTA and multiple Emmy® Award-winning directing duo E. Chai Vasarhelyi and Jimmy Chin.

The Rescue is produced by Ventureland’s John Battsek (“One Day in September”, “Searching For Sugar Man”) and P.J. van Sandwijk (“American Dharma”) of Storyteller Productions. For National Geographic Documentary Films, Carolyn Bernstein is executive producer.

2 Likes

Nine have been airing a promo too, saw it during Death Race on 9Go! on Saturday, the start uses clips of Nine News’ journalists from the time and the actual footage, then shots from the doco-movie. Looks decent, this has the potential to rate (say 500k+), however with its lead-in failing to impress and if that only declines, as well as the less than ideal start of 8:45pm or later, probably won’t. Maybe consolidated and bvod will add some.

2 Likes

I wonder what will happen with some of the Ashes coverage, as Wimbledon is on at the same time which means they will overlap? Also there is NRL on so on some days there will be NRL, Wimbledon and Ashes on at the same time.

1 Like

This would be a major issue in the southern states, which mostly doesn’t broadcast NRL on the main channel unless the Melbourne Storm are playing; in most cases GTV would air it on the main channel.

I think it’ll depend on which out of the cricket, tennis and league Nine thinks will rate higher on the main channel. That’s a decision to be made when the time gets closer I feel.