Nine (NBN)

So it’s 9NBN this week, I guess?

2 Likes

when they do business stuff like this it’s arranged through SCA and they run the 9 NBN branding.

It is absolutely stupid

4 Likes

If they want to use the :::9 | NBN branding - fair enough, it’s well-known as :::9 | NBN because NBN News and :::NBN branded big dog is on the station… I don’t mind it because it is a clear delimiter between local and national content.

BUT why the hell would SCA use :::9 | NBN in the TV ad but then have the :::Nine corporate logo on the weloveit site??? If they want the NBN brand to represent localism, why not use it on the website.

In addition to this, why the Nine corporate logo instead of the station’s logo :::9 ???

So we now have :::9, :::NBN, :::Nine, :::9 | NBN

What makes it worse is, this website is created by their marketing arm??

Just have;
:::9 = Station / National Content
:::9 | NBN = Local content

Something isn’t right here…

2 Likes

Also with the demise of Yellow Pages… I reckon the sole purpose of this site is to populate their CRM with local businesses as they may not capture all local businesses from the phone book.

1 Like

Yes, I agree that there are too many inconsistencies here.

Add to that list those “Community Noticeboard” announcements that sometimes have no logo at all.

1 Like

Is anyone else’s NineNNSW randomly freezing?

1 Like

9Go! Newcastle was blacking out at 1 min with 30 intervals. Twice.

1 Like

Losing picture regularly over last few weeks. Port Mac. Neighbour having same issue with WIN and had aerial replaced last week. Didn’t fix the issue.

1 Like

This morning it was. I put it down to a problem with the local translator which I receive my TV from.

1 Like

I feel NBN should do a 7 Queensland

Lose the NBN altogether

Rebrand through the bug / watermark (and some short :5 second IDs)

9 Newcastle
9 Mid North Coast
9 Far North Coast
9 North West
9 Central Coast

Etc

4 Likes

NBN’s FB also needs to be rebranded to

“NBN News” from the current “NBN Television”

They also need to start up local NBN News Facebook accounts for each news region

And then they need to hire someone who actually gets social media. Their page has zero strategy is is ridiculously Newcastle centric

5 Likes

Northern Territory Government ad just ran in Port Macquarie. 🤦🏼

6 Likes
4 Likes

Why is that tweet coming from “nbnnews” when it’s not a news program?

They need a 9NNSW Twitter handle or something better aligned to their primary on air brand.

4 Likes
3 Likes

It’s on Nine but NBN and promoted from NBN News. Which is called 9 but on some EPGs it’s still called NBN.

What a freaking mess.

4 Likes

Seems like some journalists haven’t even noticed that the name of the station they work for only changed about 5 years ago.

Aside from that, good to see that Nine Nth NSW / 9NBN / NBN (insert correct name here) is putting a local program together, even if it’s mostly archived footage,

4 Likes

Yep, I agree. But at the same time, does the Northern NSW station produce much non-news local content to warrant its own Twitter account?

I wonder whether or not “Knights to Remember” will be shown on Nine in rugby league markets outside of Northern NSW/Gold Coast?

From what I recall, that reasonably well produced Newcastle Knights 30th anniversary special from a few years ago made it into a daytime slot on Nine Sydney.

2 Likes

I would be surprised if it does.

I question whether it really needs to be shown beyond Newcastle and the Hunter as it probably is.

3 Likes

Good point. I’ve often wondered how much of a support base the Knights have in Northern NSW outside of Newcastle & the Hunter region, but that’s probably a discussion to be had in another topic!

3 Likes