Nine Cricket Coverage

2 Likes

The backdrops are awful, my eyes hurt.

4 Likes

Technical difficulties tonight with the live stream on 9Now

Michael Slater has referred English Batsman Jon Bairstow’s batting against Australia at MCG as last year.

David Warner will be joining the coverage on Saturday night for the 2nd ODI. That should be interesting.

Sky Cricket graphics are so beautiful.

1 Like

11%20pm

Taking from Sky Sports Feed. The commentators that you are hearing are Isa Guha and Nasser Hussain.

2 Likes

Hope that Channel Seven can upgrade those coloured flickering fluro lights in the graphics with something more modern.

3 Likes

Knowing what Seven is like with the On-Air Presentation of their Sports coverage, I wouldn’t be overly surprised if their cricket coverage uses similar graphics to what’s used on most of their other sports.

Back on topic, is this Nine/Sky Sports coverage being made available on 9Now (and therefore 720p HD streaming) or do they have the “We don’t have the rights” placeholder up on the 9Gem streams?

1 Like

Could’ve been worse. At least they’ve actually put some effort into a studio team, no sour grapes like when Ten lost the AFL, removing HD and putting in shit all effort

1 Like

Yes and the quality is much better compared to on TV

4 Likes

Nine actually has the online rights so it’s available on 9now. The only way to watch in HD.

3 Likes

…their cricket coverage will be woeful and unwatchable. What were cricket Australia thinking!

3 Likes

To be fair, the two situations are somewhat different. While Nine has lost the domestic rights, they still have The Ashes next year + various ICC events over coming years so they’ll still be showing a fair bit of cricket

3 Likes

Or in other words, the FTA home of Men’s ODI and T20i cricket…

3 Likes

Nine are going back to Slats in the studio after a wicket falls and at drinks break. Will be interesting to see if it continues in the second innings and through to the early hours of the morning.

Yes, sure. But that’s not the public perception.

Have you seen a lot of the comments on newspaper websites and social media? Majority are over the moon Nine no longer have cricket and cricket is 99% about every summer.

1 Like

I’ve seen those comments but it doesn’t change the fact that the public perception is misguided (or if you want to be harsher, wrong)

2 Likes

The whole set is awful. The lighting in particular is absolutely appalling.

While on paper it doesn’t sound too promising, I think we should not jump ahead of ourselves and see what their actual coverage is like before making too many judgments.

I think Foxtel subscribers like me are over the moon Fox Sports are steering the coverage. I think the general concern is that Seven will make the whole thing a lot worse. Cricket Australia would’ve been better to have given Channel Ten the lot.

1 Like