Nine Cricket Coverage

Apparently Bill will be at the Australian Open Tennis when 9 start broadcasting it…

1 Like

I took that as perhaps a guest rather than part of the broadcast.

Mind you, he’d be Henri Leconte but for the Aussies.

I know Nine will show the 2019 World Cup in England and Wales, as well as 2020 ICC World Twenty20 in Australia (both men and women). Does he mean Nine will show the 2023 World Cup and ICC World Twenty20 in 2020-2023 as well?

I think so.

The various World Cup TV rights were sold in an 8 year block (2016-2023) from memory, so that sounds about right.

1 Like
1 Like

Bill Lawry and Ian Chappell will continue to give their views on cricket on the Wide World of Sports website.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Have they bumped it to 9Gem?

4 ODI games are on 9GEM (except for the 16/6 which will be on Nine HD).

I don’t think that people can watch the coverage on 9Now as they might black out the streaming.

If any cricket coverage was going to be streaming on 9Now, Nine probably would’ve mentioned it the promo (like how they’ve made a fairly big deal about NRL coverage being on 9Now streaming this year).

1 Like

Wasn’t it always on 9Gem?

1 Like

I don’t think Nine has the streaming rights as it sub-licensed the rights from Fox Sports. If there is any streaming it will be through Foxtel Now, an upcoming press release on Fox Sports website should confirm this.

1 Like

are you sure there is going to be coverage on Fox Sports? As I don’t reckon they have any rights to it.

1 Like

If it is indeed on Fox Sports they are yet to announce it or schedule it!

I’d be staggered if anyone other than cricket.com.au had the rights to stream these 5 ODIs and 1 T20I.

1 Like

I have checked the advance guide at Foxtel website and there is no mention of England v Australia ODIs on any of Fox Sports channels. So it looks like we are stuck with Nine’s coverage. Worse, only one game will be shown in HD, unlike in Britain where every game will be shown in HD on Sky Sports.

1 Like

This is part of the exclusive deal Nine have with the ECB, the ashes. It’s all exclusive to them, this series and Ashes next year.

Also from the above article:

The new look Australian team has flown out for England, ahead of the one-day series in June, which will be live and free on Nine and 9Now.

So Nine do indeed have streaming rights for the England ODIs.

2 Likes

Need to scroll to the end of this thread to get the facts rather than assumptions disguised as fact.

Looks like Fox Sports will be streaming the series on their website according to a link at this article, which directs you to signup to Foxtel and the sports package.

LIVE Stream the Australia v England One Day Internationals and Twenty20 on FOX SPORTS. SIGN UP NOW