Nine Cricket Coverage

Hope tonight’s game will be good :grinning:

I agree with many though, that the cricket season has gone way too long in Australia, end of February.

Not sure how many will be watching the T20 tonight, lots probably think the BBL has taken much of it’s spot anyway.

Is the T20 International cricket airing on Ch 9 nationally tonight and Sunday or just in Melbourne?

It would definitely be nationally.

More like recent international cricket seasons have been condensed into the first half of summer rather than extending into late February and March.

1 Like

True :+1:

Which didn’t work well for Ch 9 or Ch 10… Owned by the Australian Open on Ch 7.

I will correct myself, ODIs have been played around this time before (I went to one of them in 2012).

And until the 1980s tests were played into March. Even the first round of VFL/AFL had the chance of being flipped around for MCG tennant clubs (Melbourne and Richmond) in the event of Victoria making the Shield final

2 Likes

MCG expected 40000 at the match. Looks like 34000 to me

2 Likes

You were close!

I think they said actual crowd was about 31k during the broadcast.

Many BBL crowds this summer were bigger than that.

Not having some of the big name players like Warner and Smith available doesn’t help.

SC 9 Central West keep showing Melbourne news promos in the cricket coverage tonight. :thinking:

I missed it. Sorry.

42511 people rocked out to the MCG.

2 Likes

Nine will be fairly disappointed with last night’s T20 International cricket ratings, @Turdall & @JohnsonTV were right.

Beaten in its timeslot in Sydney by Better Homes and Gardens & “The Blind Side” :confused:

Just 0.5% seperated Ch 7 & Ch 9!

Ch 9 & Nine still won overall (just) thanks to a strong 9Go! Surprisingly again, Seven’s multi-channels let them down.

Not just the outcome with Sri Lanka, but also the atmosphere and lead-up seemed dull? I watched quite a bit, I like them more than ODIs.

Great to see Mark Nicholas back looking well :slight_smile:

Better Homes and Gardens & “The Blind Side” movie premiere held up well against it.

1 Like

What were the ratings for last night?

1 Like

The ratings are now up on Twitter, they will be posted here on Monday.

1 Like

The Sunday Telegraph says Mark Nicholas actually suffered a heart problem that was life threatening at one stage. Following the diagnosis and treatment, he is expected to have no further problems.

5 Likes

That’s really scary. It was excellent to see him back on Friday!

1 Like

Sunday’s Game at Kardinia Park would be much cooler than Friday at Melbourne. Speaking about the game, some players might wear jumpers during tonight.

Looks like Nine are using the rare 2008 ODI theme that I posted earlier for the Women’s T20I. Edit: Used also for the Men’s

1 Like

Rain getting heavier at the moment. First time that rain falling in Geelong stadium

They’ve gone to showing the last 2 overs of Friday Night’s game. Not looking good for the Southern Stars

The Friday Night crowd only got to 40000 because of the big Sri Lankan contingent. In recent years when 50 over games were played at the MCG and SL were the opponent half the crowd supported the visitors, such is the population in Melbourne.

3 Likes