Nine Cricket Coverage

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa328486a98>

9Gem SD never went away, the HD simulcast was added.

As for whether or not 9GemHD will continue after The Ashes, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens but I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Nine decides to keep it on.

4 Likes

I agree, there’s no reason to discontinue it.

2 Likes

5th Ashes Test

AUSTRALIA OUT TO SEAL AN ASHES WIN IN THE FINAL TEST

The Fifth and final Ashes Test commences this Thursday September 12th at 7.30pm AEST , LIVE, EXCLUSIVELY and in HD on Nine and 9GEM and streamed live on 9Now .

After four back-and-forth battles, Australia sit on the cusp of their first outright Ashes series win in England since 2001, as the action shifts to The Oval in London.

While the Aussies have already secured the fate of the urn as the previous custodians, England can still draw the series with a Fifth Test victory.

Steve Smith continues to be the linchpin of the Australian side, with his incredible patch of form propelling him to the official status of the No.1 ranked Test batsman in the world, after scoring a magnificent 211 & 82 in the Fourth Test. Similarly, Pat Cummins has held down his place as the No.1 ranked Test bowler in the world, having been devastating with the ball in hand, and leading all bowlers for most wickets taken during the series.

England have shown faith in their squad by not making any changes heading into the final Test. With world-class players in Ben Stokes, Stuart Broad and captain Joe Root , they will be fired up to regain respect and draw the series with a fifth test victory.

The Fifth Ashes Test begins at 7:30pm AEST tomorrow night on Nine, 9GEM and 9Now ( time and channel throughout the series varies by state – see below and check guides for details).

5 Likes

Shane Warne and Ricky Ponting commentating now for Sky. Very rare for two Aussies together at the microphone on an overseas network.

4 Likes

Andrew Strauss currently commentating for the first time this series?

3 Likes

From Nine

FIFTH TEST – DAY TWO

SESSION ONE
5 City: 499,000

SESSION TWO
5 City: 452,000

1 Like

Session 1 numbers would have been severely impacted by AFL and NRL Finals.

3 Likes

From Nine

FIFTH TEST – DAY THREE

SESSION ONE
City: 297,000

SESSION TWO

2 Likes

Again severely impacted by AFL and NRL finals. Ratings also not helped by Australia’s slopping performance on the field as England dominated.

3 Likes

The final telecast ended at 3.59am.

3 Likes

Do Channel 9 have the rights to the 2020 tour of England

1 Like

Do you mean 2023? I don’t think Nine has the rights to that tour. But after the ratings it has received for this series, Nine (and other Australian networks) will surely talk to England and Wales Cricket Board pretty soon.

2 Likes

What does anyone think of Sky’s coverage of this year’s Ashes series? I think the commentary was first class and graphics were fresh. It will be interesting to see if any Australian network covering the next series will retain Sky’s commentary team or send its own people to UK to call the matches.

1 Like

There is an ICC ODI Championship/T20 tour to England next year which I don’t think is under Nine’s current deal with the ECB. Perhaps if Nine can secure the 2023 Ashes Tour rights, that tour next year can be included.

2 Likes

In Media Diary in The Australian today:

8 Likes

That would be great to get the English summer on FTA. It would be also get all the Australia match overseas on FTA.

4 Likes

I think Nine (since the bombshell broadcast rights negotiations/changes last year) are gradually starting to take Seven’s ‘sports mantle’. IMO

2 Likes

Australia won’t play in England in 2020, but will have The T20 World Cups coming to AUstralia. Next year, Australia will play in Bangladesh for the 2-test series in June 2020.

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s now back to Channel Seven for Lisa.

1 Like

Australia will be back in the UK next July for 3 ODIs and 3 T20s. I’m assuming they weren’t played this year due to the World Cup

1 Like
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter