Newshub

(20/12/2019) Karen Rutherford is presenting the last Newshub Late for the year tonight.

(21-24/12/2019) Tom McRae presented Newshub Live at 6pm with Nicky Styris on sport. Alex O’Hara presented weather on Saturday and Sunday.

(25/12/2019) Wilhelmina Shrimpton is presenting news with Michael O’Keeffe on sport. Heather Keats is presenting weather this week.

4 Likes

Okay okay. I might be overthinking this but are we in for a reboot of Newshub in 2020? Been seeing a lot of posts done by Newshub with at the end #newshubreboot
Are they hinting something? Or am I just being a clown and overthinking the situation like I always do lol

2 Likes

2 Likes

I think they’re just posting their top stories of 2019.

2 Likes

True. Why would they choose the word reboot though, doesn’t really make sense… Something like “repost” would make muchhh more sense… Oh well, Newshub is in need of a “reboot” anyway. Especially with the elections next year.

I agree that “reboot” isn’t the best choice of words but I can’t see them doing any relaunches while their ownership is up in the air.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a ‘reboot’ too but guessing it’ll probably be left to whoever takes over to make make some changes… Hopefully a full reboot with the whole channel in mind - similar to 10 Aus rebrand

Edit… you’re too quick for me @OnAir :laughing:

1 Like

Exactly the name newshub will hopefully go & a return to 3 news & a return to the iconic 3 ident

2 Likes

#recap would make a lot more sense.

1 Like

I think it’s what we used last year also. But I get what all of you are going at with its being a little off

Not gonna happen any time soon from what I’ve seen sorry.

4 Likes

Rather unfortunate.

Newshub Live at 6pm presenter list over the Christmas/New Year period:

List 1

(2/1/2020) Lucy Warhurst is presenting again tonight with Michael O’Keeffe on sport.

2 Likes

Uh no thanks. Sorry but don’t really like Lucy presenting the 6pm news. Turned over to Jenny Suo on 1…
I reakon it was a real waste of talent what Mediaworks did with Jenny Suo. Oh well, Mediaworks lose is TVNZ’s gain!

2 Likes

Lucy’s delivery reminds me of Catriona McLeod or Katrina Batten on RNZ National… just relax and let them tell you the news.
It’s an old school type of classy.

2 Likes

No thanks!

(6-10/1/2020) Tom McRae is presenting Newshub Live at 6pm this week with Ollie Ritchie on sport and Alex O’Hara with weather.

4 Likes

The AM Show returning for its 4th year on January 20th 2020!

1 Like

Bugger

4 Likes

Hmm yeah, I do agree. But unfortunately I don’t think Mediaworks have the capability to get in new presenters. I think it’s safe to say Duncan’s seat will stay warm for a while to come…

2 Likes

The Project is adopting the Australian graphics this year from what I’ve seen on twitter.

Take a look at The Project NZ (@TheProject_NZ): https://twitter.com/TheProject_NZ?s=09

5 Likes