Newshub

Melissa Davis and Tom McRae hosting Newshub Live at 6 tonight.

1 Like

Judy Bailey filling in for Hilary on Paul Henry this morning.

Hilary Barry is leaving Mediaworks.

Yet another blow to TV3 after what happened last year with the axing of both Campbell Live & 3rd Degree. If the rumors are right & Hillary joins TVNZ, it will be running salt in the wound

Hillary is leaving us at TV3 and Radio Live to have family time. She has been doing the dual 6-9am and 6-7pm slot for yonks she would be very tired and in big need of a break.

The rumors that have been quoted are no where near true. It’s just the NZ Herald S#!t stiring as usual.

Truly shocking to hear this news. Hilary will be dearly missed on the Newshub team; I wouldn’t blame her though for doing the morning 6-9am and then 6-7pm shift at the network. TV3 is going to have to come back strong, Newshub had produced better ratings but it could all be a waste of time if they can’t get a good presenter. Hamish McKay, John Campbell, Hilary Barry, Carolyn Robinson… all amazing presenters who the network are losing.

Then why not give up one of her commitments. 6pm or Paul Henry? Leaving both lends itself to speculation.

2 Likes

After a distinguished career with MediaWorks spanning 23 years, Newshub at 6pm and Paul Henry Presenter Hilary Barry has decided to leave the company.

"This was a personal decision made by Hilary. We are disappointed to lose her but also acknowledge that, after 23 years, it’s very reasonable she might wish to make a change. So, we respect her decision, thank her for her enormous contribution, and wish her the very best.

Hilary Barry said: "I am thrilled to have been a part of the launch and success of Newshub and Paul Henry. I know I’m leaving both performing well and in great shape.
“For now though, I am very much looking forward to recharging my batteries and spending more time with my family. I want to thank MediaWorks, my colleagues and the viewers and listeners. I know that the team will continue to deliver a world class news service across digital, TV and radio.”

What else do you expect them to say in a media release? It’s spin.

3 Likes

Barry for Breakfast? http://nzh.tw/11631600

Well Barry’s chemistry with Paul on Paul Henry is a main factor of it’s ratings climb. It would be interesting to see who replaces her on the show. I agree that Samantha Hayes should get the replacement job on the flagship bulletin - she has such a wealth of presenting experience for 3 News/Newshub.

Hilary and Mike are presenting tonight, the first time since Monday last week. Samantha Hayes is also on a journalism scholarship in Hawaii, China and Japan for the next 3 weeks according to an article I read on Stuff. Heather Du Plessis Allan is also away for a few weeks in America. Kim Vinnell is filling in this week on Story.

Found some old 3 News promo’s while cleaning up my laptop today as well as some news updates.

Firstline Promo

3 News Update Circa 2011-12 pre widescreen switchover.

3 News Update circa 2008?

Simon Shepherd presenting Newshub Midday today.

1 Like

Welington reporter Emily Cooper is another person to leave the network. She’s heading to TVNZ.

Susie Nordqvist filled in for Melissa tonight, and Ashlee Tulloch filled in from Andrew on Sport.

Susie is in till Melissa Davies is back.
She’s only in for a few weeks. Then back to normal.

1 Like

It appears that former WIN News reporter and Seven News Sydney employee Gemma Coombe is now a reporter for Newshub.

1 Like

Amanda Gillies presenting with Duncan on Story tonight.

1 Like
1 Like