Newshub

(7-8/7/2018) Susie Nordqvist and Simon Shepherd are presenting Newshub Live at 6pm this weekend and for the next few weekends.

(9-11/7/2018) With Samantha Hayes on a break, Melissa Davies is anchoring Newshub Live at 6pm with Tom McRae this week.

1 Like

Today’s Clickbait

Bird Shits on Reporter ahead of Live Cross

It’s bad enough when your boss says your work is shit, but when it’s mother nature, man that’s gotta suck.

2 Likes

(12/7/2018) Michael Morrah presented Newshub Live at 4pm this afternoon.

(12-13/7/2018) Melissa Davies and Simon Shepherd are presenting Newshub Live at 6pm with Ross Karl on sport.

(13/7/2018) Mitch McCann anchoring Newshub Live at 4pm.

3 Likes

(16-20/7/2018) Mike McRoberts has returned from a break and presenting Newshub Live at 6pm with Melissa Davies this week.

3 Likes

She looks really happy that he’s back :wink:

4 Likes

Very bad live cross quality on the late news.

3 Likes

(21-22/7/2018) Susie Nordqvist and Mitch McCann are presenting Newshub Live at 6pm this weekend.

2 Likes

The opener and backdrop has been updated for Newshub Live at 4pm. Caps courtesy of @SamSamTV

vlcsnap-2018-07-23-18h10m22s374vlcsnap-2018-07-23-18h11m57s410vlcsnap-2018-07-23-18h10m31s853

2 Likes

Looks like Newshub Late is using the new backdrop from tonight too. late

1 Like

Newsroom Background works well with the red-lit panels…

1 Like

4 Likes

TVNZ announced today Shortland Street will be extended to Sunday nights this September. Time for Mediaworks to start The Sunday Project? Could be a good opportunity to trial some new faces, with the idea of shaking up the weekday show if the ratings don’t improve.

TVNZ did it with their Saturday edition of Breakfast - Toni and Rawdon pairing ended up replacing Petra and Corin.

Tv2 is putting on Shortland St to combat The Block and Sunday realities on Three, unfortunately I don’t think The Project rates well enough to justify an extra screening (yet).

2 Likes

The Project wouldn’t rate nearly as well as the reality shows Three have now on Sunday.

I would love to know what the ratings for Shortland Street are these days. I remember they were in the mid to high 300,000’s when Throng.co.nz were still reporting ratings years ago, which was quite a drop compared to what it used to rate. I can only imagine that figure has decreased further. I know it does well on demand but that wouldn’t translate into much revenue.

Not much change it seems. As an example:

Shortland Street 08/07/2018 – 14/07/2018
382,500 5+, 210,700 25-54

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Very interesting indeed, and fortunately for TVNZ it’s maintaining a sizeable audience at least.

Meh. 7pm is doing-the-dishes time anyway. :smiley:

(28/7/2018) Tom McRae is back presenting Newshub Live at 6pm this weekend alongside Susie Nordqvist.

3 Likes

JUST ANNOUNCED | Investigative journalist Lisa Owen will replace John Campbell as the host of Checkpoint with John Campbell.

5 Likes

Massive loss for Mediaworks.

I’m wondering if we will expect a restructuring following her departure.

1 Like