Following the announcement the prime minister is pregnat

4 Likes

Slow news day to this!

PS. Is that not the ugliest ticker ever

6 Likes
2 Likes

Newshub’s graphics are horrendous :expressionless:

3 Likes

On screen graphics (not including openers) have never been a strong point for 3News/Newshub. The final 3News look was probably its best (although before they went and increased the size of the lower thirds by about a third), but the lime green and navy look before wasn’t flash and neither was the blue Globe with red and while era around 2005, with the lower thirds then being just a screenshot of the opener essentially with words on it.

2 Likes

I feel like the only things glaringly wrong is the font (Helvetica is boring) and that weird breaking news ticker. The rest is nice

3 Likes

there will be no Newshub Late this Wednesday, due to the late end of the movie The Green Mile,starting 8:45 following house rules finishes 12:15am

1 Like

It looks like The Project have scrapped the opener and headlines at the top of the show. There’s a bit of banter and then they move onto the first story.

1 Like

Good. Made no sense coming straight out into a News hour into recapping what (most) viewers had already seen.

2 Likes

Agreed. They’re coming into their own… slowly, but surely. And that doesn’t just go for presentation. It seemed when the show first started, everything was about imitating The Project Australia.

Yep. They’re finding their own style and niche. I don’t think the host mix is perfect (think Jesse gets outshone by Kanoa and a bit lost in the format and Josh is a bit hit and miss) but it’s growing.

2 Likes

Totally agree. I don’t know what’s wrong with Mediaworks’ own lot of tv & radio personalities that they had to go for one of Radio NZ’s. I could understand if Jesse was a perfect fit for the show, but…

Was surprised they didn’t bring in Dai Henwood to replace Josh after the axing of Family Feud.

1 Like

I actually think a Kanoa/Ben Boyce combo would have worked quite well. I reckon Ben is an outstanding broadcaster who, while being enormously funny, is wasted on his current shows. And I think he could have tackled the harder stories too if required.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who feels the AM Show needs a relaunch?! I love Duncan, Amanda and Mark and they are such a great team but the show’s graphics and Set give the show a dated look. The show should be moved to the Newshub set utilising the space where Story used to be (or even give the show an entirely new set). Have Social with Aziz be presented from the Video wall or give him his own space where Newshub sport is presented from.And to bring the AM Show more inline with the Newshub brand, rebrand the show to Newshub Mornings or Newshub Today! So it would be Newshub Mornings, Newshub Radio, Newshub Live at 4,6 and Late and Newshub Nation! bringing it ALL together!!

2 Likes

I don’t see anything changing in the short term the whole look of the show only launched a year ago. To be fair the set and graphics were dated from the first show.

1 Like

Yes I said a while back they need at least new graphics. More so now that Breakfast’s are so much improved. Maybe that will come with the changes to Radio live.

The show would look good from the old Story set. All shows that use that set currently (besides The Hui) are simulcast on Radio Live anyway, so even if they kept the microphones and whatever else for radio, wouldn’t really be a bad thing.

The am show set is all padded out and equipped for radio broadcast. The main newshub set is not. Could require a bit of work?

3 Likes

I think this set would look much nicer! perhaps a new desk , couch space or just a yellow glass plate? excuse my rough photoshop editing :wink:

8 Likes

(27-28/1/2018) Sacha McNeil and Mitch McCann presented Newshub Live at 6pm on Saturday with Tom McRae joining Sacha on Sunday.

3 Likes

TOVA O’BRIEN ANNOUNCED AS NEWSHUB POLITICAL EDITOR,

LISA OWEN AND RYAN BRIDGE TO HOST RADIOLIVE DRIVE

At a customer and media event in Auckland this afternoon, Newshub announced Tova O’Brien as its new Political Editor.

Tova has been with the Newshub team since 2007 and has been the European Correspondent for over two years, reporting on breaking international news including the UK elections and the Grenfell Tower disaster. She will be commencing the role in April. Tova is excited to return to New Zealand, and the press gallery.

“I’m utterly delighted to be returning to the press gallery as Newshub’s Political Editor and know full-well the responsibility that comes with the role. Ours is the best political team in the country and Newshub’s legacy of exceptional, ground-breaking Political Editors has always been an inspiration.”

Hal Crawford, MediaWorks’ Chief News Officer, said Tova has the skills and experience to make the role her own.

“Tova is an exceptional news talent, filing on every major story in Europe over the past two years. I’m looking forward to her bringing that insight and presence back to Wellington for Newshub.”

Newshub will announce its new European Correspondent in due course. Former Political Editor Patrick Gower is taking up the role of National Correspondent from April 2018.

MediaWorks also announced that Newshub journalists Lisa Owen and Ryan Bridge will be the new hosts of RadioLIVE Drive from early March.

Host of Newshub Nation Lisa Owen has also worked as a correspondent and investigative journalist throughout her career and is thrilled to return to radio.

“I am pretty excited about getting back to my radio roots; the immediacy of it and the instant reaction you get back from listeners. Oh and I can’t wait to wind Ryan up!”

Newshub journalist Ryan Bridge currently hosts ‘Your Sunday with Ryan Bridge’ on RadioLIVE. Ryan is looking forward to the move to Drive.

“I can’t wait to crack into it. I love radio - it’s live, it’s fast-paced, it’s relentless and quite a personal medium. Lisa’s a legend and we’re going to give this our all.”

A replacement for Ryan’s Sunday programme will be announced in due course.

Hal Crawford believes Lisa and Ryan will be an excellent fit for RadioLive Drive.

“These two seasoned journalists bring a depth of news knowledge and warmth to our afternoon schedule on RadioLIVE. We are planning this show carefully, bringing the full force of the Newshub and RadioLIVE newsrooms together - I can’t wait."

Hal continues: “2018 is a huge year for Newshub across all platforms - Radio, TV and Digital. Paddy Gower is back as our National Correspondent from April, and we’re also launching The Spinoff TV* and Newshub Investigates. These innovative properties will engage younger audiences with the Newshub brand and its content.”

The SpinOff TV features a mix of YouTubers, stand-up comics and online reporters talking about what’s making headlines in New Zealand. Fresh daily content will be available on Newshub and The SpinOff, with weekly ‘best-of’ episodes coming to Three in June.

The SpinOff founder Duncan Greive has spent so long talking about TV, he can hardly believe he’s about to be part of it.

“I’m really proud of the amazing team who’ve grown The Spinoff from a TV blog that no one had ever heard of, to a multimedia news and opinion website with a fully fledged TV show,” says Duncan.

“The Spinoff TV will be exactly what you’d imagine it will be”, he continues, “all of the chaos, humour and prickliness of The Spinoff - just on TV”.

Newshub Investigates is a weekly podcast that will investigate some of New Zealand’s most intriguing and significant stories, beginning in March with a wrongful conviction of murder.

Further MediaWorks content announcements will be made later today.

2 Likes