Newshub

They should use the lectern used in Super Sports Sunday to also present the Midday bulletin. All the Newshub bulletins are pretty much the same - they should spice it up! Using Newshub Late to discuss the news of the day, cross to Hollywood correspondents and cover more international stories. They have got the best facilities in the country, c’mon Newshub! Also I saw on Paul Henry that there is a shot of Paul with a OTS graphic.

Three60 has seemed to have been silently axed, and will be replaced by The Hui, hosted by former Native Affairs host Mihirirangi Forbes - next Sunday at 9:30 if I’m not mistaken.

that guy has a wide stance

10:30pm is currently 3:30am in LA.

Also, don’t know that there is that much desire for Hollywood news on a regular basis. Crosses on TVNZ/3 in previous breakfast shows have never taken off, really. I’d bring back Sports Tonight over that.

1 Like

Oops, my bad :joy: I think it would be good for Newshub Late to structure do it similiar to the old ‘The Paul Henry show’ in which there is a host and then a news reader who do the show.

I do, because with the resources that Newshub had spent $5 million for, they could do this stuff!

Not a Newshub show but still using the studio

Also TV3’s The Nation.

Saw that the other day, it might be a good idea for them to get a couch for the set so that shows showcasing discussion like CRC Motorsport and The Nation could use the set accordingly.

I am in love with that opener. Very authoritative but restrained.

It’s interesting how different NZ and Australian news have become. I would really like Seven or Ten to give this sort of format a go.

2 Likes
3 Likes

TV3 announces The Friday Story

MediaWorks is pleased to announce from Friday, April 29 2016 it will be extending TV3’s 7pm current affairs programme to five nights a week, with the addition of The Friday Story to its schedule.

Read more

1 Like

Great idea; however I don’t get why they couldn’t just run Story 5 days a week initially…

Cost cutting. Plus in terms of redundancies I suspect they needed to make it a ‘different’ show to its predecessor hence 4 days a week. As it stands the Friday show will be a spinoff rather than just another ep of Mo-Th Story and on a smaller budget.

BTW, Hamish McKay is leaving Newshub.

1 Like

Announcements have been made in regards to Hamish McKay’s replacement for Newshub Sport

Mike and Hilary wore purple last night after the death of Prince. Pic/Twitter.

Melissa and Tom had presented the 6pm bulletin once again tonight.

1 Like

Tom filling in for Mike last night and tonight.